Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
Why does Big Boss have a rock or whatever sticking out of his forehead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

I couldn't wait to find out how Big Boss turned "bad" and created his true Outer Heaven and his own nation.

Just finished the Truth mission and... well... gently caress.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Vengarr posted:

Quiet leaving is a dumb drama bomb. All she needs to do is get the wolbachia treatment or have her vocal chords removed, or both. She's not even at risk personally from the parasites. They kill you by eating your lungs, and she doesn't have any.

They could have had the same scene all the way to the end, except she has her vocal chords removed and stops humming that stupid song all the time. There you go, there's your phantom pain, and I can still trickshot grenades through windows.

Besides, how can she even talk without lungs? This whole thing is coming apart at the seams

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Snak posted:

Well her diaphragm works, and her lungs exists, it's just that the alveoli are destroyed by burning so they are useless. Assuming that the parasites keeping her alive are also stopping them from filling with fluid, she would still be able to fill them with air in order to speak. Since the VOCAL CHORD PARASITES want her to be able to speak, it's in their best interested to make her airbags continue to work.

Those are some handy magical multi-purpose parasites. Thanks for clearing that up.

Actually, murder parasites activated only by the sound of certain languages spoken in post-pubescent voices is so dumb in and of itself that I'm not even being sarcastic.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Snak posted:

But the game also already has parasites that turn people into photosynthesizing terminators covered in armor who can turn invisible and also teleport and pull guns out of thin air. So given all of that, I bet Quiet can talk just fine with her crispy lungs.

My sentiments exactly. That's why I'm not even going to bring up her crispy larynx!

I think her leaving fit the theme, anyhow, and it was a great ending to her story arc. I miss my sniper buddy, but on the other hand I'm pretty much done with the game anyway.

• Locked thread