Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
If anyone actually looks up "Ahab" they probably get a lot of clues, hell Ahab meets with several prophets, one being Elijah the "Troubler of Israel". Hell, wasn't one of the songs for the mgs 5 trailer "Nuclear" talk about standing on the edge of a crater like the prophets once said?

And if that gives you a red exclamation mark and sets off your alert go look up Captain Ahab from Moby Dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
so giving it some thought, kojima is infamous for double play.

He was with raiden, with liquid ocelot being just....mind altered ocelot. To even The Boss being a triple agent.

I noticed that even Kojima has been promoting the guide, so what if... we're supposed to think that we aren't actually big boss?

Kojima maybe has goofy characters but he's not exactly an idiot when it comes to knowing his fanbase and how to screw with them. What if Ishmael is you. Ahab, the character is supposed to be an example of duality. I don't really have anything to go off other than Kojima has been promoting that guide, and why wouldn't someone spoil it immediately after getting their copy?

I don't think even the guide book is upfront and forthcoming about plot specifics. Especially if they worked with Kojima in the past, and if they worked with him then that just gives more control to Kojima and how he can direct the fans (who have been chomping at the bits for details since the ishmael appearance back in 2013) into a way of thinking he wants them too. Perhaps the horns on his head aren't even real, just a fabrication of his mind. No one else in the game has made reference to them.

All in all I'd be very disappointed if we don't actually get to play as BB but some grunt that somehow has his CQC talents. Even with all the cool stuff it seems like you're never in control of the important so and so, which i guess is par for the course in Kojima games though.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

That said I don't expect a cliffhanger. I'm figuring if this is Fake Snake or whatever we're gonna die in the big finale and Big Boss proper will step in to take back command and all that.

But what about my arm upgrades,

How can i check Ocelots racing heart as he thinks about BB with my bio arm if i don't have one!?

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Mr.Electric Ocean posted:

I really hope playing as a double of Big Boss is a red herring. My gut reaction to that is profound disappointment, but this is entirely without context I guess? I really hope that the guides leaks are intentionally misleading us and my desperate internal reasoning is the following from the blurb about the guide on Amazon:

Someone tell me I'm right just so my lovely nerd rear end can still hope everything is going to go exactly the way I want it to.

But on the other hand, the evidence is that...

- From FOX two phantoms were born
-Hideo Kojima said Big Boss has only ever been in one coma. He was comatose after MG2 and throughout most of MGS4
-There's no shrapnel in his head when he's getting revived by the trauma doctor, yknow, the guy that declares he...went...into a...coma?
-what the gently caress

I rewatched the hospital gameplay and you cant see any horns on him, they might be slightly hidden by the bandages but if they are they must be REALLY small. Not even a bump on his head.

EDIT: I lied. It was hidden by bandages, there's an earlier debut from when Moby Dick Studios released their promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxTOlXF3Kk

Amazing Member fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 23, 2015

• Locked thread