Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea people are bitching about 'not really seeing Boss' story' but...I'm pretty sure regardless who we're playing we're still gonna see that story. If I'm playing a dude who just looks and acts exactly like Boss and interacting with people Boss is connected to and in a world Boss partially helped create (and probably BB himself, there's no way the game just will ignore BB) I'm still getting that story.

That said I don't expect a cliffhanger. I'm figuring if this is Fake Snake or whatever we're gonna die in the big finale and Big Boss proper will step in to take back command and all that.

I agree with this. Big Boss is 'the legend', or a story/personality that can be applied to anyone. At the same time I think it is pretty unfortunate that you aren't the same 'Big Boss' that went through Snake Eater. If it covers up any loose ends it would be that some people might argue that the real BB should be all disfigured similar to Skull Face after what Solid Snake does to him in Metal Gear 1/2, so his reveal at the end of MGS4 could make a tiny bit more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

The KFP lets play shows you getting DD in like the second mission of the game, which is heaps earlier than Africa, like in the official game play demos. I wonder how long it will take for DD to grow up and become usable?

The guard AI already looks better than GZ.

e: I wonder if you go around knocking your guys out on MB all the time, will there be anyone to defend if it gets attacked?

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 24, 2015

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Danaru posted:

The true ending is that Metal Gear has been one long simulation to create the perfect soldier. The player is the true Big Boss, and it ends with an invitation to Kojima's offshore fortress.

Konami wouldn't fund it, thus Kojima had to break away from them and form his own Private Army.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Nakar posted:

Mother Base personnel seem to have all the same camo options as Snake, though I don't know if they can go shirtless like him.

Hopefully everyone can go shirtless in MGO.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I still think the "why doesn't Quiet just write something down" argument is looking past the more important thematic reasoning behind it - that her and Venom do have a mutual language in the form of violence.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

I just noticed in the ACC that photos of Quiet and Huey are gone after the story missions are over. I was really looking forward to being able to take my own photos :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

The Grimace posted:

it's orange!!

The machine would not make a mistake.

• Locked thread