Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Aurain posted:

All known confirmed spoilers, via the guide, to date.
None of these are tagged.

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3hxof1/leak_megathread_refresh_2_any_unofficially/cubipkz

e: fixed confusing wording.

It sounds like that guide uses a lot of speculation and hinting for some reason? Why would an official guide do that if it's supposed to be spoiler free, that's really odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

That is why constantly going back to the reasons behind the Snake Eater Mission (and bringing back the Boss to fight him again) cheapens the hell out of everything. What started as Snake surpassing his mentor in a climactic final battle has turned into everyone being puppets and no one actually accomplishing anything on their own.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Heavy Metal posted:

Plus by the end of PeaceWalker, we'd already had that epic speech where it felt like we had seen the transition to Big Boss take place. Plus we also kind of got that vibe at the end of MGS3.

Yeah. As far as character progression goes, this game tells us pretty much nothing that we needed to know. While the story is... interesting, it's not going to be satisfying in that way no matter how they wrote it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Seems almost like the big twist was written specifically to answer the question of how Kaz and Ocelot end up on opposite sides, and Kaz is against Big Boss. I also find it funny that Ocelot ends up betraying himself just so he can help Big Boss keep this ruse. That's the good poo poo.

As for people calling Big Boss a dick, what makes you say that? Kaz has apparently been a traitor this whole time anyway, so I can't say I feel bad if he gets betrayed.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'm still not certain if Kaz and Ocelot knew the big plot twist for the entire game, or if they found out when the player did. If it's the former than that game did everything it could to undermine every single character's actions.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I thought they worked fine as a plot device since they just used it as a metaphor for colonialism. It's just that, like everything Kojima has ever written, he ends up relying on it way too much.

Like, having language be a big plot point in a game that takes place in Africa is pretty fitting.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 15, 2016

• Locked thread