Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Unlike Mortal Kombat's guides of decades past where it was a stupid piece of poo poo guide that lied to you, I would welcome lies in a story-centric spy game that doesn't spoil poo poo for me outright, just tell me how to dismantle the mission in 10 minutes or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
gently caress, gently caress, FUCCCK

Im down to two total stealth missions and Quiet is gone! gently caress

She makes em' piss easy, I want her to live.

Do i still have a chance to keep her after trying to find her?

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 13, 2015

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Unreal_One posted:

Do you have Side OP 150? If so, then you're hosed mate.

Yup, I do, and, gently caress. I do not want to do Pitch Dark on Total Stealth

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I watched my brother do the Traitor's Caravan extreme version, with the parasite suit and activated the armor function just as he finished fultoning and running away from the skulls with D- Horse. He got an S Rank.

Am i missing something here?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Honestly my simple theory is I think Venom Snake used to be "Player 2" in Peace Walker, basically your best dude you kidnapped that had 9999 health, as opposed to snake's puny 5000hp. Him and Morpho were Big Boss's Handpicked backup.

Or the guy who asked a question and named him Vic Boss on the beach in PW.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 23, 2015

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I think Witcher 3 tackles racism better than MGS V did

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I died multiple times in Mission 45 because those PIECE OF poo poo TANK TURRETS TRACK YOU WHEREVER YOU GO.

Especially that last T-80 tank that hit me directly in the chest after peeking to see if it was still alive. All of these tries Quiet did not get hurt at all, goddamnit.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Turned my brain off on this scene, but the less i thought about being cheated out of a fight, the more i thought of the scene. The Man on fire finally dies in that important side ops because when he looks at you up close he finally figures out that you are not the man he's looking for at all.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So, who's next? Alligator's Revenge?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So, if Venom starts building in Galzburg, Africa, what happens to the MASSIVE oil rig fortress we've all just built in the middle of the indian ocean?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So...This whole concept of Outer Heaven kinda died in the Caribbean real quick, but in the end, the idea and success of Outer Heaven wasn't the work of Big Boss, but by...YOU?! Is what i'm getting from this.

Everyone talked big about restarting Outer Heaven, all of the main characters, but in the end a Poor loyal soldier fooled into thinking he is big boss is the one who made it work the longest, lasting from 1984 till 1995.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Woulda been cool to get more tapes about the state of the world than the outrageous bullshit of an old man saying parasites are the reason man can talk.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
The tapes are good because you can listen to the briefing as you make your move towards the objective, which was super loving exciting to me as i was crouching towards my first soviet base in the Phantom Limbs mission.

Now I just kinda hear the same tapes over and over again as I kill anybody that's A++ and below, and kidnap anything above with impunity.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Nakar posted:

Zero was responsible for the idea, but Big Boss refused to stop it. That's where the dickishness comes in. There's still some ambiguity as he didn't just abandon Venom to be assassinated (although there's some question whether Quiet was even fooled in the first place), but at any time he could've said "So yo I'm the actual Big Boss and you're one of my best dudes and man some really weird poo poo has gone down lately and they turned you into my body double, not my idea, let's get outta here and figure out our next course of action" and the situation could've panned out more or less exactly as it did with Venom covering for BB, except with an actual say in the matter.

He waits to say more or less this for at least the duration of the events of MGS5, and possibly not until Venom takes command of Outer Heaven. Thanks a lot, Boss.

That actually would've been cool to have somebody like two Kiefers talking to themselves, as you the player, tries to get a grip on the situation, and the other thinking this is business as usual and assures you that this is a rare opportunity to take what you've learned from me and shape our vision together.

Could've actually been treated as a "hallucination" too even, with the Big Boss pretending he's a vision of what he once was, without the horn. That would've required Kiefer saying much more than a paragraph though.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I said it before in the thread, they refer to you as Big Boss's best man. You're player 2 from Peace Walker, the best soldier you could've kidnapped.

You are in a picture with Kaz, Morpho, Big Boss, and you. You guys know each other but you don't really have a name other than the one given to you after the surgery, which was Ahab to make the "Ishmael Hallucination/Bodyguard" thing work.

Also, in the truth tapes during the conversation between Kaz and Zero, Kaz kept saying the doctors wouldn't stop putting him under, he was probably being hysterical over losing his entire future, and hearing his best bud go in a coma in seconds. Safe to assume he would forget a thing like the number two guy having shrapnel in his head.

Or maybe he didn't forget and he refused to believe they would do such a hosed up thing, and he kept on believing Big Boss was back, like in the mother base tapes. Just like me, the player, who refused to believe the Venom snake dupe and was big boss and wanted to get revenge.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 4, 2015

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I like that too, BB is still a lovely person, just in a different way. It also makes alot of the stuff you do PP hollow, but i am pretty sure thats the point. revenge isn't some wonderful super fulfilling thing. the Skullface death scene shows it perfectly. sure it feels great when V and Kaz basicaly gently caress him up and leave him to die. but then huey comes along makes it all look hallow with his "revenge". it shows it for exactly what it is, torturing and executing a helpless, defeated and mortally wounded enemie. Sure, skullface was an evil piece of poo poo and probably deserved it. But its still hosed up and wrong. Huey shatters the illiusion that what your doing is justice.

tltr, gently caress huey.

Even if Skullface had some really bad ideas for world domination, he did have an extremely destructive virus, and an incomplete and ambitious robot powered somehow by an unlikely ally, as well as being able to arm and disarm his nukes at will. He did have to be stopped. Especially because even if he did get demoted for kinda almost killing Zero and giving him alzheimers, he climbed back and was pretending to be working under cipher's orders or something

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 4, 2015

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
After awhile, i started to like the body double twist as well, but it doesn't help that that makes it the ending and no more story after that.

Basically, Skull Face is Peace Walker, Venom Snake discovery is the ZEKE battle. Venom Snake discovery should have been the Peace Walker, but they ran out of time to add more poo poo.

Like, there's no loving point now being in mother base because outside of Paz and target practice, there ain't poo poo out there. And with the equipment and guards out there, you can murder the poo poo out of an invader and not worry about what pipes go where, and secret nooks and crannies.

It looks like the fake snake was Kojima's plan all along, with the Ground Zeroes ending, but from a gameplay content perspective, it's feels like a cop out.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
The real bad guy is Huey. He always was the source of revenge. Skull Face needed to die and was going to set the world on fire, but Huey is what caused the inspection, and his nuclear and bipedal walking research set the stage for the age of nuclear fear and terrorism for the next couple of decades.

That motherfucking lying piece of poo poo, knows more than he lets on about, and I actually was willing to cut him some slack the first time around, but the more I kept hearing all of his questioning tapes over and over while kidnapping more people, the more I started hating him, and for that I applaud that part of the game. It was supposed to be hammered into my head kojima style, but with all the knowledge from the past games, I wasn't buying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's missing a lens flare from both of their glasses

• Locked thread