Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

When holding people up I usually do a quick check to see if the box to lie down appears. If not I just assume they are gonna try to knife me and I grab them. Haven't really bothered with no trace runs or doing any real testing on this method though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Zyste posted:

So I love that for the whole game it seems like Ocelot is on the up and up for once and he's honestly working with you. Hit the end and of course he's double-crossing as always. I'd say "when will I learn" but there won't be a next time for his hijinx.

Well he believed that he was on the up and up. Turns out this was a practice run for his greatest trick.

I guess his own conditioning ran out at around the same time as Snake's.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

An effective twist does not give you evidence that so completely contradicts what the twist is that you can't conceivably see the possible connections. The twist becomes cheap that way. In MGSV, not only are Venom and Kaz interacted with as two different people, but they are two people frequently at odds, in front of some audience. This becomes evidence that completely contradicts a theory that they are the same after Huey's exile. After that, not only have the two clashed on screen, in front of an audience, but the audience brings it up in their own private conversations, which you overhear.

The game never treats Kaz and Venom to be the same person and in doing so provides overwhelmingly contradictory evidence that they can't be, making any possible twist that direction a pretty bad twist. And since it's not actually a part of the narrative, it's pretty safe to make the assumption that they're not.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

diamond dog posted:

have you not seen fight club or something? how

Actually yeah I haven't so I don't know if people actually react to both characters and talk about them as two physically separate people.

If so then yeah that's my bad.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

I agree with you. I actually like that he is more reserved.

I think you are misinterpreting McIntosh 's view. I think he us more criticizing gaming as a whole in that it rare where we can get a game that doesn't involve shooting poo poo. Alien Isolation and Deadly Premonition come to mind.

Assuming we are talking about the same guy, he complained about all the violence going on in the Doom preview. While DP does indicate a general trend to fall back on combat to make the game more comfortable for consumers, it doesn't really work in Doom when that's the crux of the game.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I just attribute Ocelot acting different because he is in such a different circumstance. As far as he knows, until the self-hypnosis wears off, he's just helping out Big Boss. Nobody is getting tricked by him the entire game except himself.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So when does Kaz find out V isnt Boss. my guess is probaly near the end of the game or afterward. in the truth tapes, Zero never mentions the whole body double plan to him. So i dont think he knows at least in the beginning. he might have suspisions but he basicaly gets so caught up in his blood vengence against cipher and then his spy hunts, that he doesnt care.

I think Ocelot's hypnosis wears out around the same time Venom realizes the Truth, and then Ocelot briefed Kaz. Or Venom confides in the two after listening to the tape.

There's nothing to actually back up either idea, though.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

RZApublican posted:

Unfortunately the emotional heart of the series, Ocelot, sounds like he's on extra-strength NyQuil.

Hypnosis makes you drowzy.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Vic Boss posted:

A lot better than "We will live together forever happily and I will be your best friend and tell your story forever". Also dad cemetary hug.

Actually CQC hug was the best and it's a drat shame Venom can't do it to his soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

uncleKitchener posted:

MGSV is really accessible and easy to get into, especially if you're coming from other stealth-ish games like Hitman or Sam Fisher adventures.

Only problem is you can't dress up as a model and walk the runway. Though given Metal Gear's previous attempts at disguise-based stealth perhaps that's for the best.

• Locked thread