Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It was me, Snake! It was me ALL ALONG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Nakar posted:

They did stop him, it's more that they wanted him to die in agony that makes the whole thing seem hosed up and empty. They knew Skull Face had some parasites keeping him alive so he could've taken forever to die. They'd won at that point, defeated Sahelanthropus and destroyed the English strain (other than Mantis jacking one). The fact that they torture him rather than just pop him in the dome and head home cheapens the heroic things they actually did to save the world.

I mean that's completely intentional, but it's interesting that what Venom does is pretty unabashedly heroic but being driven by vengeance sours any justification at least somewhat. "I want to save the world from a nukes-and-bioweapons-packing madman" is reason enough, tacking on "and then gently caress him right up for everything he's done to me" doesn't add, it detracts.

To be fair it isn't like Skull Face hasn't tortured a whole lot of people just to grandstand and soapbox for tapes. The man kind of deserved to truly be on the receiving side at the end begging to go out. The feeling bad part about V doing this to Skull Face sort of loses impact when they're all terrible people doing terrible things to each other.

• Locked thread