Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

A Big... Dog posted:

THIS IS PEQUOD, COMING IN HOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
welp, i feel dumb now. It just now hit me (watching the cut ending) that the reason that Eli thinks not BB is his dad even though we had the DNA test done to say that's not true left me thinking he was a big dumb dumb but nah im the dumb dumb, that was like one random thing i heard in a cutscene and was like "thats not true" but its because you're not his dad you just look like him

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Or he's a tremendous piece of poo poo who can't accept he needs help to make his giant anime death machines

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
There's like a one off line where ocelot goes "huey had been fixing sahalanthropusin secret". I don't remember if it's when the kids leave or if it's in the mission 51 segment

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
What happens if you pull the trigger during the lead in before that scene? I know you just plain shoot skull face but what flashes up there?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Snak posted:

Found on reddit:
Huey Did Nothing Wrong

reading this just makes me wish i could kill huey more than i already did

fuq u huey

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

commy gun posted:

Is there other story stuff unlocked if you beat all 50 missions or can I go back to this game not dominating my free time?

barring something unlocking in the Oct. 6th patch, yes

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this? posted:

I felt kind of stupid because it took me way too long to realize that Quiet was the lady at the very beginning of the game. When they reveal that she was an XOF member burned at the hospital I just thought it was during the whole Man on Fire thing.

I didn't realise it either until her torture scene later when they said she was at the hospital so I went back and watched the intro again and also the saw the flower Miller was talking about and just went "oh kojima you past referential bitch"

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The auto sniper can now go to grade 7

i am salivating

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
so with the GMP in the red bug, is it console only or is it all platforms? Since it seems related to MGO, will I be safe on PC or is it everywhere?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
theres no way there won't be mission 51 dlc or something with the stuff going on with the relevant files being updated

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
this is random and off topic but imaqtpie is primarily a league of legends streamer, and hes been playing through mgs v on his stream during his queues. whats his take on the end of mgs v?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTWgzZUPo90

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Terminally Bored posted:

He's not that wrong though. The main series should've ended with MGS3. The best thing about 4 was that it enabled MGR to be produced. 5 is unfinished.

I could've sworn that it was meant to end at 2 (I thought I read an interview or something) but Konami basically made him do 3 so he could do whatever he wants and so he made 3 the best one by playing to what the fanbase wanted. I'm not saying mgs3 is meant to be like a cash grab or something but I'm fairly certain Kojima never meant for it to exist.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

Really, the whole open world thing kinda hamstrung MGSV in that department anyway.

I honestly don't know why MGS V is an open world game. Like, there really isn't a reason for it to be open world. In most open world games there's a point to the world, like things to do that you can't necessarily do during missions, and the missions facilitate the open world by giving you new tools and toys to play with (or make the current tools and toys the world gives you more accessibility). But in V, the only thing to do in the world is grind. There's blueprints, which is nice, and better soldiers, but you can get those during missions (and most missions usually direct you towards getting the better ones). I think the only reason it was tooled to be an open world game was because at the time of development, there was a pretty big emphasis on games being open world experiences and so Konami felt MGS V had to be an open world game and Kojima caved so he could make Silent Hills. It's the only thing that makes sense to me considering just how big a detriment the open world element of the game seemingly was upon the story and direction of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
There a lot of things where you can say that, had it been in the game, it would be better thing

• Locked thread