Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I only need to know one thing before I decide if I'm taking the plunge on this.

Do we get a third Mantis fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nakar posted:

The main issue is of course that Skull Face appears to really exist. He's mentioned by NPCs in Ground Zeroes, the guide suggests he's his own dude and that XOF existed, he has a unique backstory that's supported by the tapes in GZ and so forth.

If I had to guess, I think it would go down like this: Skull Face is real and is the real villain of the main game, but dies at the end as suggested in the guide leaks (crushed by rubble, left to die by Boss/Kaz, finished off by Huey). Then he just starts showing up again in the postgame stuff, at which point he's very clearly a Venom hallucination or something. If the spoilers about Venom are true, this is when the story starts breaking down his sense of identity and Skull Face becomes the demon on his shoulder. Perhaps because he's primed Venom to some extent with his dialogue while still alive.

Also worth noting the Outer Heaven logo is a skull with a big hole in it, right where Venom's shrapnel would be. :tinfoil:

Also also worth noting, the MGS1 part of the trailer focuses on Liquid and Mantis (who we know are in the game as kids), Sniper Wolf (sorta reflected in Quiet), and... Gray Fox. :tinfoil:

You are aware this is Jokers story in Arkham Knight, right?

Nail Rat posted:

"My dead gay doppelganger"

-Big Boss

Wait, does this mean they've backtracked on Big Boss being bi? Boooooo!

• Locked thread