Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Chicken hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Birb Katter posted:

Dear Raccoon thread;

My name is Birb Katter, I have never seen a raccoon in real life, not even in a zoo. The closest analogy I can come up with to your 'trash bears' is our native possum. It is adorable but makes very loud noises on your roof when having sex and will only break into your house to steal fruit.

Are raccoons as adorable in real life as they are in pics? I realise this is a biased audience but I'm really just fishing for a raccoon pic bomb so go hog wild.

Regards
Birb Katter

They are adorable unless you own poultry, in which case they are murderous hell beasts without mercy.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

loquacius posted:

This thread has made me realize that my knee-jerk response to raccoons is to treat them as dangerous, but there probably isn't a real reason for that

I mean they're still riddled with diseases, but they're probably not gonna jump at you and bite them all into you right?

They can be very aggressive if cornered, and in many areas are a rabies vector, so it's best to stay away from wild ones.

Feel free to cuddle tame ones.