Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

It's kind of shocking how big they can get/look. We lived in a raised ranch with a deck attached to the second floor. One night we heard a big commotion and went to check out what was going on. When we flipped on the lights and there was a Momma racoon the size of an ottoman and about 4 to 5 kits. The kits were having a big ole time climbing on our deck chairs and running around with each other, Momma was totally unimpressed by the light and continued to chow down on the cat food we leave out there for outside cat. Of course this is when we notice our cat is petrified at the far end of the deck and we decide we should probably help him out and get rid of the racoons. We did the brave thing of rapping smartly on the door. She kind of looked up at us and continued to eat. The kits, however, started to scamper around harder and one or two ran past mom and headed down the deck stairs. Mom didn't budge. My husband got the broom and I cracked open the sliding door, he kind of waved the broom in her direction..he may haven even pushed her with it I'm not sure. It doesn't matter though because she gave us this "Fine, you don't want me here? I'll leave...c'com kids!" and turned slowly and started to waddle down the stairs. The remaining panicking kits, just flip out. They are literately rocketing around the deck looking for escape. All of them make it to the stairs except for one who decides he's so loving freaked out he's gonna just jump. Just as this kit positions himself on the edge of the deck and is psyching himself up to jump..His mom's arm shoots through the deck rails and grabs him by the scruff. She gave us a last dirty look like "SEE?!" and headed off into the night.

Not our raccoons and not our deck. but eerily accurate. Not shown: fat mom
Bonus: cute raccoon trilling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N_v0tBhFzQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Senator Cletus Scoffpossum

Are you high? That is clearly Pillow Xtreme.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Last night something came and totally drank all the hummingbird nectar out of the feeder. Who could have committed such a desperate and annoying crime?

(celebrity dramatic reenactment below)

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=ppxvVWYmhYw&start1=0&video2=gFuGfwIhv14&start2=0&authorName=Trashpanda