Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

cash crab posted:

Oooh, that made me so happy.

Anyway, in terms of being aggressive, they tend to be very aggressive when they're not in big city centres, and when they are underweight. Rural raccoons are usually a little bit dumber, as well. A very large male that used to live under my deck with his little raccoon wife* used to do things like tug on my pant leg while I was browsing my phone to ask for either attention or food. It got so bad I had to carry out steins of water to splash on him, which made him look mildly confused ("I thought we were friends??") but didn't deter him until after the female gave birth and he had moseyed off. I'm glad he left because we couldn't get our cat fixed while she was in heat and he used to sit next to the bathroom window, and she thought he was a cat so she'd go into heat every two days or so (she also did the same thing whenever she'd find my roommate's jacket).

*: I forgot the word for "mate" but I am keeping this

Also, they tend to carry rabies. The proper response to a wild raccoon is a boot to the face if it won't take the hint to go away, especially if you have outdoors pets like chickens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU