Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Soviet Commubot posted:

I love raccoons now but I hated them when I was a kid. I grew up on a farm and for most of my childhood we had problems with them killing our chickens and barn cats. We even tried putting food out for them at the edge of the woods but they still kept attacking our animals. Since we were poor as hell we couldn't afford to lose chickens like that, so I spent a lot of summer nights with a rifle waiting in the dark for poor washbears which we'd often eat because free meat is free meat when you're that poor :smith:

I love them too but I also support the idea of killing them or any animal that is killing your livestock and pets.

I grew up on wild meat as well so I don't have an issue with eating it if it is good. How do they taste? I am very curious now.

E: A few months back one of the residents had a problem with squirrels getting into his apartment and destroying stuff. The pest control guy caught about half-a-dozen huge, plump squirrels. I tried to talk him into letting me have them but he wouldn't. I was going to eat them.

titties has a new favorite as of 08:01 on Aug 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

like most small animals, they are best in a stew so the taste is not really important. They taste like wild rabbit and seem to be a little more parasite free than squirrels somehow.

Crockpot over a long time is the way to go.

If the pest control guy had given me the squirrels I would have made curry. I wanted that curry so bad.

titties
May 10, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

If you want to eat vermin so bad just buy one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Raccoon-Trap-Hunting-Setup-Anyone/dp/B004414PY8

Only raccoons go paws first for stuff so it wont catch your dog or any other animals.
This trap is way too effective.

I can't trap and eat things without a reason.

If I really wanted to eat raccoons and stuff that bad I'd just get a permit and hunt them, and I don't really feel like it. I just wouldn't want them to go to waste if they were already being killed.

titties
May 10, 2012

cash crab posted:

:smith: First the stew, now this.

don't tell me you're not curious

titties
May 10, 2012

these raccoons seem good to me

titties
May 10, 2012

Bored posted:

Did it have its own habitat or had it just invaded someone else's because there was awesome food there? Kind of like how every zoo I've been to has a very healthy population of squirrels.

My brother is a zookeeper, and I was surprised to hear that in addition to the usual exotic animals his zoo has quite a few livestock and common animals. Stuff like chickens and goats are popular at the children's zoo. He said that they don't have any raccoons right now but they have in the past and probably will again soon.

titties
May 10, 2012

cash crab posted:

The penultimate majesty washbear, god among trashcats

If not the washbear above, then who among them could possibly be the ultimate trash panda?

titties
May 10, 2012

When I was a kid we lived right next to a preserve and we would often have raccoons and opossums in our yard. There was a really skinny raccoon that would come by sometimes so we started leaving treats for it. Eventually it started coming to the sliding door and waiting for someone to give it something.

After a while we were able to get it to come into the house to eat and it was a lot of fun to watch but it was never comfortable enough to let us pet it or get too close. Well that's my raccoon story.

titties
May 10, 2012

I would instantly trade my wife for a giant jug of cheese balls and / or a bloated raccoon to eat cheese balls with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

I have never seen so fat an opossum and i desperately want to pet