Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Internet Kraken posted:

I never had to deal with racoons in my neighborhood. I think its because our woods were dominated by these incredibly nasty bobcats and they probably beat the poo poo out of any racoons they saw wandering around. I would of rather dealt with racoons to be honest though. Sure they might knock over your garbage but they won't wake you up at night with the most unholy screaching you've ever heard. Bobcat fights are nasty.

Best part of camping is the terrifying noises randomly coming from the dark after you've fallen asleep.

Went camping in Tasmania once. Did. Not. Sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwhJ9ZMHAFo

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

You serious? Raccoons screaming is some of the worst sounds I've heard in my new apartment. I have a huge strip of grass under my big window that leads to the alleyway so I hear them loving and screaming down there every other night. And it's not like there's wolves attacking them, it's just raccoons going after other raccoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFMPY1BWaFs

This is what they sound like. Fat fucks always hang out in the alley behind the building too, rummaging through the garbage. I work nights from home so when I leave to go get some drinks from the place next door there's always a bunch of screaming loving raccoons hanging around back there I have to chase away so I can walk to the store.

They're cute but they're little shits at night.

I get to hear something like this about one night in five:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGBRHUSxCio&t=51s

I'll take your raccoons any day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
If Devils were the size of dogs, you wouldn't even be able to live in Tasmania.

Thankfully they're tiny enough to not threaten humans and are therefore adorable.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm very slowly bringing back 'when you see it'.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Trash Hakuna Matata.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Nuevo posted:

Seriously, there's no way a raccoon can gently caress you up as bad as a wolf, and we've got that poo poo locked down.

Somebody get on this.

Get some floppy ears up in here.

Man's new best friend? A forgotten Russian experiment in fox domestication

TLDR: Russian geneticist in the 50s decides to see just how it would take to create a breed of silver fox (notoriously difficult to keep due to their aggression) capable of being kept as a pet. It took just 40 generations of selectively breeding the individuals least aggressive to their captors to get "foxes (which) were more eager to hang out with humans, whimpered to attract attention, and sniffed and licked their caretakers. They wagged their tails when they were happy or excited. (Does that sound at all like your pet dog?) Further, their fear response to new people or objects was reduced, and they were more eager to explore new situations. Many of the domesticated foxes had floppy ears, short or curly tails, extended reproductive seasons, changes in fur colouration, and changes in the shape of their skulls, jaws, and teeth. They also lost their "musky fox smell."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Devils are cool.

Insane.

Magnificent.

Bloody minded.

Bastards.

:allears:

Also, incurable viral face cancer is terrifying and needs all the research money we can throw at it. Hate to think of a world where something like that could affect people at similar rates.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The rare aquatic raccoon.

https://i.imgur.com/gQWgHAs.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Raccacoonie!