Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just have laser raccoons near me.

I was coming home, and there was one on top of the bins, and it scooted off as i came up, as I walked by, the other one was rumbling and another popped its head out
http://i.imgur.com/P0ilfEA.jpg

Another night, this fellow was just hanging out in the tree
http://i.imgur.com/07bPWoy.jpg

The worst thing is my apartment is right next to the bins, so I can hear them chittering and fighting and banging at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

What a dainty princess!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

As a Toronto resident, I can assure you I do not approve of this new design. Mostly because a trashbin full of babies is cute.

Not when they spread lovely diapers all over the place. New neighbors moved in next door to my building and the first week they were here the raccoons got into their bins and tore open the garbage bags with the diapers in it, so the walkway between our houses (and right outside my window) smelt like baby poop until it rained again, even after I cleaned up the mess.

They stopped putting the diapers in the same bag with regular garbage.

The music in that video made it just an adorable romp.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Leafs new starting forward.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Cash Crab why were you in my backyard?
http://i.imgur.com/zElBA3G.jpg

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I never knew porcupines made such adorable noises.

cash crab posted:

:( I'm lonely and I want to have a picnic.

Shouldn't have scampered off after letting me take your picture!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cash Crab is the fuzz!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I do declare!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I'm at cat!
I'm a flying squirrel!
I'm...on my face.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's raining tonight and when I came home, there was a raccoon on the bins as normal, but it was just sitting there with the lid up staying dry. I wish i could have gotten a good picture but it was way to dark.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

He's not stuck there, he's right where he wants to be.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

This is less cute and more creepy. As someone said, like that Furry episode of CSI.

So when you have a pet one, I assume you bathe it. No matter how adorable wild one are, they're going to be filthy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Frostwerks posted:

For the person who hates housing guests.

Yea, that was my reaction too. If I came into someones house and they said "oh this is were you'll be staying", i'd probably find a hotel.

Unless that's a airBNB and they want to see who will want to stay there. Wait, that's probably worse. *gif of fat guy loving stuffed racoon*

Bina posted:

COME AT ME BRO and bring your snacks!

or

I'm going to assume you timed it so the funnel cake part happens at his ear twitched forward.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

goose fleet posted:

What the gently caress sort of stock photo is this

Canada.jpg.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Watch me roll over!
*gets half way around*
Eh this is good enough.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

hmmm

someone is on to me

Does your boyfriend eat from the garbage? Does he wash his food all the time? Does he always have a mask on?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Every time i see a fat racoon, the tuba music theme for Otis from the Superman movies always plays in my head.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Robviously posted:

If you enjoy catching diseases, yeah sure.

Or taking your gun and its attachments out on dates.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mouse Dresser posted:

For self protection!

Looks like a tattoo needle.

"Scamps is the best artist down there. Though he's limited in material. He can do a kick rear end garbage can or half rotten tomato."

We're having stupidly warm weather for the middle of December, and its causing the squirrels to get real fat, I wonder if its happening to the raccoons as well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

:smith: All the raccoons here are getting really sick and no one knows why.

In good news, the squirrels here are also getting hilariously fat.

I suspect we may live in the same area. I also had not heard the raccoons were getting sick. I hope it isn't someone poisoning them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Weed Bear is way too adorable.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I had not seen the one spraying the cat with the sprinkler, that's fantastic!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

If it makes you feel better, some of the males just get very long hair and look much fatter than they actually are. But yes, all obese pets are sad and I don't see why people think obesity in animals is cute. Except Butterscotch.

There's a bulldog puppy near me that when she was tiny she was super adorable, but now she's gotten all fat, and its sad because I know she's less than a year old, but you can hear her weezing. Like seriously, think about how much you are feeding your pet.

Wild fat racoons would be a sign of success I'd assume.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Eponine posted:

Thin bulldogs wheeze. It's usually because they're so hosed from breeding with their close relatives that their bodies don't develop well. That's why they only live for like 7 years.

Spoiler because sad things:
The rescue we got our dog from rescued a bulldog puppy from a breeder that had severe Swimmer Puppy syndrome. They had done a lot of work to rehabilitate her and she was almost able to walk unassisted, when her windpipe's growth was stunted because of genetics and she basically suffocated. Bulldogs and squished-nose dogs in general are in the process of being bred into oblivion because the AKC won't let someone introduce some fresh chromosomes into the mixture.

That makes me super sad. Because those kinds of dogs are super popular around here and they're all so sweet. Until I moved to the Toronto beaches, I hated dogs because all I met were big jerk dogs that wanted to jump up on me or barked and growled and snapped at me. Here, they're all super friendly and just want to be friends.

I know a bunch of people with fat cats, and they tend to be rescued cats. What they've told me is because they were kittens on the street before being rescued and adopted, they didn't know where food was going to come from so they would eat whenever they had a chance and as much as possible. Now they're in a loving home, they are fed normally, but their eating habits haven't changed.

With pet Racoons, I'd figure the owners would over feed them too, but then because they''re racoons they probably eat beyond that. Not to mention treats.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

People tend to overfeed animals no matter what. I understand the urge to do this: many people learn that a good way to show affection is to offer food, and because animals have zero concept of "I am getting rather porky now" they always accept it. Conversely, people also overfeed animals because it's kind of upsetting to see an animal in distress, and animals constantly look like they're in distress when they're hungry. I have worked in many shelters and around countless animals and I am utterly immune to their pleas for food now, it is very liberating.

Actually, to continue the derail, I worked for Global Pets for a while and one year they sponsored a rescue festival for the Beaches. There was a hot dog eating contest. For dogs. It was amazing.

I bet if you gave a hot dog to a racoon they'd eat it the right way.

But yea, I've seen enough cats and dogs giving pained looked to their owners that are asking for treats, and it is hard to refuse.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

First guy is upset there's no buns. Second is just disappointed.

Taking his bitch to the moooooon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oGQfCLsoVQ
The cat is sad because it never gets hot dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHwmCwoqdKA
Aaah they're eating PB&J!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bored posted:

I've fed one of my raccoon bros* pb&j. Took it a few seconds to figure out how to eat it, then lots of chewing.

*By bros, I mean it was not a pet. We are not related.

I just assumed you mean you two fist bump regularly.

It is pretty amusing to wtach animals eat human food because most animals jaws can only go up and down, not side to side so it looks funny.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
http://www.metronews.ca/news/toronto/2015/10/28/raccoon-distemper-cases-spike-in-toronto.html

Oh no, Cash Crab be careful!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Outside of New Orleans there is a swamp boat tour you can take where they throw marshmallows at wildlife. The local raccoons know this and line up to get their sugar fix when they hear the boats and it's the cutest thing :kimchi:

Those Raccoons have tweeker eyes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That looks like a Coffee Time opposed to a Tim Hortons. While adorable, I would never, ever go there again.

Was linked from that
http://www.buzzfeed.com/laurenstrapagiel/a-love-letter-to-trash-pandas#.oopBPKrPMV
We do love our wash bears.

If we ever get Olympics (which i really hope we don't) if the mascot isn't a Racoon this city has been failed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wasabi the J posted:

They reportedly were calling animal control.

It's more this would be a result of lax pest control measures.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

I can't believe I'm typing these words, but I know that woman, and I am pretty sure I know that raccoon, too. This is in my neighborhood.

Okay, your problem was ever going to Coffee Time in the first place.

I worked in a place where there was a Coffee Time closer than a tims. It was like a 10 minute walk vs a 2 minute walk. Never again. Never ever again. I was happy when I worked downtown and there was a second cup so close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwr-mYVJiw
Guys, Pizza!!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hey guys, I need this, I can't say why but my needs are greater than yours.

Also, I think this makeup tutorial is on point
http://i.imgur.com/drZjYuH.jpg

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

He's gonna fulton that trash.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Come on dude, don't leave me hanging!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mycot posted:

A classic, now in Japanese Vine form: Raccoon gets cotton candy.

When he's grabbing around in the water trying to figure out where it went is super sad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Semisponge posted:

Semi-related fun fact, English also borrowed the Algonquian word "mohawk," which means cannibal.

Mohawk's were a member of the Iroquis nation, which was enemies of the Huron nation. I could see them making their name for one who eats other people an enemy. Like Barbarians were anyone who didn't speak Latin to the romans.

Origins of Cotton Candy Raccoon.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/krishrach/the-amazing-origin-of-cotton-candy-raccoon-has-finally-been#.ur1rVxAV7p

God drat you Japanese game shows.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aramek posted:

Well, yet another reason they shouldn't be trusted.

Raccoons be all "where the white women at?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Look at his tiny ears!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this guy the other night

He had a bobbed tail and a gimpy leg, was fat and healthy so he's doing okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mouse Dresser posted:

Just bringing some more trash supplies to keep the trash party going!

:toot:

Edit: I am so obsessed with the family of raccoons that hangs out behind my apartment building. There's 3 babies and a Momma, and they love the trash so much. My husband doesn't understand why I'm so enamored with the raccoons. It's because I'd never seen a raccoon in real life until I was 30, because I grew up in the city. I had seen several rats the size of cats, though...

Really? No Raccoons in the city? I've lived in the city my whole life and I've seen lots of raccoons.