Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
barrie for norris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Seems like my goalies aren't doing great because I'm giving up a shitton of shots, which isn't surprising 'cause my defense is kinda bad.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
West update:

Habibi's regular season warriors

Twin Cinema's we don't need no stinkin buyout

johnfw50's Kings (does he still post?)

Rutkowki's Yotes (are really benefiting from a free overrated Duclair)

Jordan's Hawks (are gonna get done in by his 2nd line pretty soon)

Laderhan's why the heck won't PK shoot more (because D don't score nearly enough in EHM)

Danny LaFever's Oilers are seriously loving bizarre how is this team in the playoffs

Boxc's Ducks are getting killed by Clarkson and co

Verv's Canucks are seriously going to miss the playoffs if Jim Benning doesn't trade for a backup goalie (which apparently he can't use his 1st or 2nd round pick for)

lazerwolf's Wild can't loving score

Stickarts's Blues should probably actually be worse

tofe's Jets need to start burying it and stop starting Greiss

menno's Flames really don't look that bad (if they could get a few loving saves)

Boomer's Holy Crap

Another update tomorrow probably (with a WJC bonus round). I'm also running AHL/CHL in full detail if anyone wants an update there (or just a prospect update in general, all other leagues will generate stats).

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Fake Shane Doan is atrocious. As is fake Mike Fisher. And fake Tyler Toffoli. And fake Justin Williams.

fake Richard Panik is ok though so there's that.

e: and fake Koivu also sucks. Seriously I thought this team had some issues, but scoring ought not to be one of them.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
stamkos are you serious you are getting outscored by zucarello

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Doan, Fisher and Williams all have solid ratings. It's surprising they're doing bad (but it could continue if EHM age regression kicks in). Koivu and Toffoli are rated quite well and almost certainly will turn it around.

e: Actually Koviu is a little worse than I thought but I've seen Toffoli finish top ten in scoring but maybe that was in 2015-2016.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
tavares should not be posting a 6.5 with 7 points lmao. his rating is like 186

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Verviticus posted:

tavares should not be posting a 6.5 with 7 points lmao. his rating is like 186

He's even a little better in my roster:

That team also has Bishop who routinely leads Tampa to the ECF/SCF in my normal sims in Year 1 so I don't know what's up with them.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 25, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol Damien Brunner rockin' that .5 gpg pace.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Also I forgot Good Soldier Svejk took over the Rangers last year. Whoops.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Just found out about this thread. Thanks for running this T-Bone. Also, I have no clue how the hell my team is doing well.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

johnfw50 posted:

Just found out about this thread. Thanks for running this T-Bone. Also, I have no clue how the hell my team is doing well.

The Return of the King

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Totally claiming credit for Duclair being a freebie that keeps my .907 goaltenders in the playoff race.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Well I can't argue with the results, but Schwartz on pace for 39 points? I will not stand for this.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zbad second line center is paying dividends.
I think these Rangers will have to go full rebuild but Lundqvist is too damned good and handsome to give them a shot at McDavid or Eichel.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Does Bickell have any fights? If not it seems like he's close to being a minus and taking a penalty every game with no positive contributions. Also being outscored by Marc-Andre Cliche haaaaa.

I hope we go through the draft after I win the lottery.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 25, 2015

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am really hoping Semin hits 50 in 50. I always knew he had it in him.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
hahaha my team of lovely assholes (led by KANE AND SHARP AHAHAH) own

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

T-Bone posted:

Danny LaFever's Oilers are seriously loving bizarre how is this team in the playoffs

I need to see this team's lineup, they should be right in the McEichel race.

Well I guess it would be more reasonable if you swapped Booth and Brunner's stat lines with Vrbata and Nielsen?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

I need to see this team's lineup, they should be right in the McEichel race.

Well I guess it would be more reasonable if you swapped Booth and Brunner's stat lines with Vrbata and Nielsen?

At work but it's even more incredible because Karlsson hasn't been that great. He's usually on a 60-70p pace.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Holy crap!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I'm seriously amazed by the sheer amount of assholes on my team

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

T-Bone posted:

Also I forgot Good Soldier Svejk took over the Rangers last year. Whoops.

I may have gotten fired, but at least I didn't draft Chris Philips! :smith:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
January 1st Update

About halfway through the season, stab's Habs have taken a turn for the worse, dropping all the way from first place to out of the playoffs. Vjeff's Red Wings are back in but Paulo's Leafs are right on their tail, and the Canadiens, Capitals, Blue Jackets, and Sabres are all still in contention. There's a little more consolidation in the West. Habibi's Sharks continue to roll, although the weakness of the Central may allow the Jets to knock out the Hawks. The Avs are only four points out!

The Semin legend continues

Murphy is still available in our other draft folks this is surely a realistic representation of his abilities.

Kuznetsov is turning it on but it hasn't been enough for the Canes

Holtby is keeping the Blues away from locking up McEichel.

We have a few interesting trades.

POTM

McDavid is hurt and is missing the WJC, but Canada is doing fine in the group stage:

Only one real major injury to report:

We have some coaching changes in Carolina and Toronto, as well as a hiring in Colorado:

and in case anyone was mildly interested, here's what the AHL points race looks like:

I'll do the team updates later tonight.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Yeah boy. Plex needs to pick his old rear end up and get back to scoring. Down to just a ppg pace? Unacceptable!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

How did Semin not win player of the month once and who the hell is John Van Boxmeer besides the guy who's gonna tank us to McEichel?

Also no teams below .400, at least my rookies are scoring and my team is respectably bad instead of Buffalo-level dreadful.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
do it for connor

is bob dead

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zodijackylite posted:

I may have gotten fired, but at least I didn't draft Chris Philips! :smith:

Hey man, we're still in the playoffs.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

It's all part of the plan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Go Pulkky. :unsmith:

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
what a coincidence, idiot moron Horachek gets fired and my team learns to score

good to see billy smith taking up coaching at 64

also what is my team doing giving away picks for Zach Boychuk

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
yikes that is one ugly goal differential for the Sabres. I think no small part of that is my goaltenders having a sub .900 combined save percentage last time I looked, but this is the point I'd be looking to sell if I were the Sabres. Good run in the last 10 games or not.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Team stats coming up but here's that ridiculous Oilers lineup ( - Petry who was rested/hurt last game):

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
what the gently caress stamkos you piece of poo poo you have one job

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

West in a bit.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
bonus brawling

e: that Subban match penalty was for crosschecking Sid in the face.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 26, 2015

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
West:

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 26, 2015

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
ah yes ryan "better than dan hamhuis" stanton

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bobby Ryan not being a worthless loving anchor is shattering my suspension of disbelief

Also, wtf, Pacioretty, start loving scoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Blake Comeau is my leading scorer.

• Locked thread