Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm so glad the concert Im going to is tomorrow night rather than tonight so I could share this with all of you

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

AfroLine posted:

kevin laid on the floor holding his head. he never got up and Finn never offered his hand. instead, kevin remained on the ground probably dead

I'd like to see a .gif of him hitting that ladder, they didn't even show it on the end-of-match replays

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
So this is what a satisfying major PPV feels like.

Feels kinda nice.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Revenant Threshold posted:

So this is what a satisfying major PPV feels like.

Feels kinda nice.

im seriously thinking about not watching summerslam even for free

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Really disappointed about the women breaking kayfabe though, hopefully they will be reprimanded appropriately and Bayley will be forced to drop the belt to Dana Brooke at a house show

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

For some reason I'd convinced myself it was physically possible Finn could jump and grab the title and then land the coup de grace in one fluid motion, and reality not allowing me that impossible finish made me a little underwhelmed by the end.

Still a great match that followed the NXT tradition of being upstaged by an even better womens match

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
I hope they let Sasha not have to do all the heavy lifting tomorrow night after that match

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Really disappointed about the women breaking kayfabe though, hopefully they will be reprimanded appropriately and Bayley will be forced to drop the belt to Dana Brooke at a house show

You know, with Hall and Nash shown right at ringside, I wouldn't be surprised if they had clearance to do a "curtain call" bit

Blasmeister posted:

For some reason I'd convinced myself it was physically possible Finn could jump and grab the title and then land the coup de grace in one fluid motion, and reality not allowing me that impossible finish made me a little underwhelmed by the end.

Still a great match that followed the NXT tradition of being upstaged by an even better womens match

I was totally thinking that too, but there's so much that could go wrong. Like the belt not unclinching right results in Finn double stomping Kevin's loving head in for reals

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

StarkRavingMad posted:

You know, with Hall and Nash shown right at ringside, I wouldn't be surprised if they had clearance to do a "curtain call" bit

completely ruined the show for me though

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

On the plus side, I think after that there's no doubt that if they think they have a better women's match, they'll make it a solo main event.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Well done team

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Gonna use my free WWE Network month to watch it all again at midnight.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Well done team

I think i used the right thread tag too

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

fart blood posted:

I wrote a poem about Rovert:

Robert oh Rovert
Your appeal to us is waning
No point in trying because
Norman Smiley does all the training

The End

**bow**

speaking of poems i'm going to repost this because it got lost in the Bayley excitement and i spent way too much time on the stupid thing

quote:

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Write a poem to go along with it please

Needs More Ditka posted:

fart blood posted:

today in a world with so much suffering
so much pain and so much buffering
i sit here and i ponder with so much wondering
how it could be that i should be bumbling

but i accept my limits and i'll always be lumbering
my talent and body always encumbering
so i find my peace and cease my hungering
and i fall asleep to samoa joe's humpering

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm pretty sure Kana is also a huge HHH mark, so it makes sense for her to check out the show he runs. Still really surreal to see, though. Oddly enough, the only mention she's made of her appearance from what I've seen is a re-tweet of the WWE Universe Twitter showing her, Naitch, and Slaughter together. Of course, they don't mention her directly.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Guys

When Bayley did the top rope move and Sasha survived it, and then Bayley signaled the finish, and it happened, and Bayley won

Nothing wrestling related this year has matched the sheer hype I was experiencing in that minute

That is the new bar for all future hype moments in wrestling

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

PunkBoy posted:

I'm pretty sure Kana is also a huge HHH mark, so it makes sense for her to check out the show he runs. Still really surreal to see, though. Oddly enough, the only mention she's made of her appearance from what I've seen is a re-tweet of the WWE Universe Twitter showing her, Naitch, and Slaughter together. Of course, they don't mention her directly.
She's usually extremely active on social media about where she's going or doing but didn't make a single mention about being in NY for NXT publicly, good chance she was there for other affairs and last-second carted out to ring side beside Flair and Slaughter and given a shout-out. It's not like the camera just happened to catch her sitting in the front row, she was definitely planted there and called out.

NXT will have to replenish their women's division soon enough anyway. They've got new trainees, but they don't have many people at the level of Sasha/Charlotte/Bailey to make up for most of their better talent going up to RAW. Jessie McKay is good, but not amazing, and Rock's Cousin is just one of those big brute types that are only going to serve the same role as Tamina would

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 23, 2015

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Flameingblack posted:

She's usually extremely active on social media about where she's going or doing but didn't make a single mention about being in NY for NXT publicly, good chance she was there for other affairs and last-second carted out to ring side beside Flair and Slaughter and given a shout-out. It's not like the camera just happened to catch her sitting in the front row, she was definitely planted there and called out.

NXT will have to replenish their women's division soon enough anyway. They've got new trainees, but they don't have many people at the level of Sasha/Charlotte/Bailey to make up for most of their better talent going up to RAW. Jessie McKay is good, but not amazing, and Rock's Cousin is just one of those big brute types that are only going to serve the same role as Tamina would

There's also a ROH event going on tonight in New York that has some pretty big names (Nakamura, Okada, the Young Bucks, etc) so she might have been floating around between the two

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

StarkRavingMad posted:

There's also a ROH event going on tonight in New York that has some pretty big names so she might have been floating around between the two
She's still independent and as far as I know has no major association with anyone in ROH or NJPW, unlike Io Shirai who is apparently rumored to be dating Tanahashi.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Flameingblack posted:

She's still independent and as far as I know has no major association with anyone in ROH or NJPW, unlike Io Shirai who is apparently rumored to be dating Tanahashi.

Oh I know, I just meant she might have come to town to check out more than just WWE, with two big events happening at the same time. Although someone in the NXT thread just linked this, reporting that she's actually signing with WWE, so who knows:

http://enuhito.com/eng/?p=157

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Flameingblack posted:

There was a point that you could have said Sasha was good, but not amazing. We don't know how the Aussie ladies are going to end up, I've been rather impressed thus far. Also Kana is 33, so there's no chance she was there as a potential signee. The division will definitely have to re-stock though, it may be a while before we have another 4+ stars women's match, but that's a combo of not just developing talent but also building up characters.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Flameingblack posted:

Wishful thinking, but when NXT started getting traction as this "cool place for cool wrestlers", a lot of male indie stars started getting signed to keep the heat going. That didn't really happen with the women, but now that three out of the four marquee NXT Women's Division wrestlers are in the main roster...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

There was a point that you could have said Sasha was good, but not amazing. We don't know how the Aussie ladies are going to end up, I've been rather impressed thus far. Also Kana is 33, so there's no chance she was there as a potential signee. The division will definitely have to re-stock though, it may be a while before we have another 4+ stars women's match, but that's a combo of not just developing talent but also building up characters.
I think the biggest reason why women had a shelf life of 30 is because Vince and Dunn hated when women started to show their age, but I think Kana might look younger now at 33 than she did when she was 23, and she certainly hasn't slowed down or started to show any wear and tear. I don't think she's even really had a major injury yet. Her style recently has been comedy and she looks to be able to keep going until she's 40.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

NoMoneyDown posted:

Guys

When Bayley did the top rope move and Sasha survived it, and then Bayley signaled the finish, and it happened, and Bayley won

Nothing wrestling related this year has matched the sheer hype I was experiencing in that minute

That is the new bar for all future hype moments in wrestling

it was the emotional equivalent to sami winning the title

to the point i got scared the other three horsewomen were going to turn on her

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

GOLD.
MINE.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
you need to throw blue pants in there somewhere too

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm back in the 90s and this is on some Geocities site

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

How is this not already his avatar

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

:vince:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jesus loving CHRIST. LMAO.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

haha

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I just got home

That was the first WWE thing I've ever seen live and I don't think anything else could possibly live up to it

holy gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

I just got home

That was the first WWE thing I've ever seen live and I don't think anything else could possibly live up to it

holy gently caress

Congrats on seeing the best WWE live show of the year

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Some notes:

- That cool HHH opening at the start worked better than I expected. He asked for silence in the arena, and obviously didn't get it, but got as drat near close as he could
- Barclays seems like a great place to see a show, anyone in the lower or middle sections had a great view. Not so sure about upper
- They had issues with the monitors that led to people chanting TURN THE SCREENS ON during the final match, eventually got them back on right as they went to the outside
- The taped matches were pretty drat good. I think a couple of them might be relatively quiet but people went wild for the Enzo/Cass match and were pretty into the Divas match (weird botched? finish aside)
- I was sitting behind the kickoff panel, and when they ended they turned and smiled to our section full of hecklers. Guy next to me kept making fun of how Corey Graves had no socks, and Graves was like "it's stylish!" and laughed :3:
- Finn's entrance is loving unreal live on the floor. Could barely see through the smoke by the end of it, it was awesome. Took a video: https://twitter.com/thomasABoyt/status/635312822335983616

• Locked thread