Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Entropic posted:

You mean Battlestar Galactica?

And risk seeing The Chief's awful hairy cock and losing 'Frak' to 'gently caress'? Hell no. Frak no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Rynder posted:

Edward James Olmos: "zoom in on the cock! Zoom in on the cock!!!"

:allears:

Gaeta: Sir I cant, there is too much hair.
Adama: What you mean pubes?
Gaeta: No, cock hair, its on the cock, repeat, on the cock itself.
Adama: Damit get someone in there to part it away then! This is Adama Actual requesting all units, need full zoom on that hairy cock.
CAG This is the CAG, ZipperRipper checking in Adama Actual. No target lock. No lock available, its just too bushy, no eyes on the mushroom no reticle on the testicle.
Adama: Get someone in to part it then. Get that mechanic girl to do it!
Gaeta: Who, that kinda downs looking girl?
Adama: Yeah.
Gaeta: They aren't dating anymore sir.
Adama: How could a cromag lump like The Chief and his hirsute cock trade up in these tight quarters? I cant get a minute alone with Madam President and you are telling me Chief furry wrench has options?
Gaeta: He's dating that Asian girl now.
Adama: Hawaiian is Asian now?
Gaeta: She's not Hawaiian sir.
Adama: Well she'll be cast as it from now until the gods return to Kobol. Frack this loose talk, I need to see that zoomed cock!
XO Tigh: Sir, Lee is offering to go in there with a Phillips Bodygroom taped to the front of his Viper if you'll just re-instate his depilatory wings.
Adama: Does he know its a suicide mission? Damnit I got him that Bodygroom for him the day the Mastiffs won the Pyramid championships. Very well tell Lee he's cleared for take off and any flake-off
Lee: I wont let you down dad. I'll make that pole shine like a jump point.
Adama: So shave we all.
Crew: So shave we all.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

happyhippy posted:

Can't think of a more erotic situation to be honest.

Two genetically identical men, one empath and a trombone. Governed only by the Risian rule of passion being the only prime directive.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Picard: Let this trial show that Data has the rights of a living being, to not be disassembled for some experiment at say-so of a random Starfleet commander! He is alive, and the living have rights!

...a few years pass...

Lt. Commander Data: Lore stirred up the Borg something fierce. We must permanently disassemble on my say-so rather than allow him a trial.

Picard: Whatev.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Not even John Luck Pickerd could escape the TNG makeup gun.

Someone set it to "gruff tradesman"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Either the dreaded TNG makeup gun has struck again or Bev auditioning for the part of Galactic Super Tramp on a ship full of perverts on Lexx.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

It was Molly, I've heard she was very demanding in later seasons.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

"I don't know who or what you are, but I can assure you these are very fashionable, practical clothes. A man on my world would not be caught dead without a jerkin, his outer waistbelt and his hoodlet. No, I do not lace up the outmost layer, that is so last harvest."

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Rynder posted:

If every Dukat in six thousand Dukats were in six parts, and every part a Dukat, Bajor would be a paradise.

As I was going to the Kai's,
I met Dukat with Bajoran wives,
Each wife had seven Glinns,
Each Glinn had seven Winns,
Each Winn had lat'num slips:
slips, Winns, Glinns, and wives,
How many were there going to the Kai's?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

It is the official position of this thread that these two should have gotten together.

Imagine the incredible capacity for offspring obstinacy by combining a Prime Directive-obsessed Frenchman with a Plays-By-Her-Own-Rules Bajoran.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Thirdly, the best part of TNG season 7 is the scientifically backed proof that Jason Vigo's mother was voracious raw-dogging woman that hung around ports-of-call waiting for sailors.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Federation itself probably pumps out extensive anti-enlistment propaganda to prevent every asteroid-doomed world of weavers and sawyers from holding their hands aloft and asking to enlist in Starfleet.

Could you imagine an entire enlisted-Academy class of a million starving, prayer-frenzied Bajorans. All those earring-snagged uniforms, all the broken replicators from excess hasperat steam, all the discarded jumja stick sticks littering the hallways and classrooms. Having a Vedek flap their robes about propriety and prophecy every time you try to teach a class about methods of spaceflight that to not primarily rely on hand cranked cogs and wooden spars?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Ro was ratings gold and the studio was willing to pay. She only declined the role because after reading through all 150 of the scripts ready for DS9's pre-production she realized that it would have been wrong for her character to gently caress a melted Jello casserole, having once had all that was.... this...

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

At this point it should be cheap enough to make franchised regional star treks like there are regional The Offices and regional singing idol shows. They could hot-bunk the sets with round the clock single-language teams of actors. It would be amazing if they had freedom to add local flavor in the script.

German TNG where every plot revolves around Geordischmett extracting higher and higher levels of efficiency out of the warp core.

A Turkish and Greek co-production of Deep Space Nine where the Cardassians and Bajorans are fixated on arguing over who invented which dish first.

A Chinese TNG where every season's two part finale is always that year's set of Academy entrance exams and every mention of time travel & holodeck alternate history has been stripped out by government censors, the airtime to be replaced with earnest speeches by an admiral admonishing all students to go to bed now as the rest of the show is not worth watching.

If I were a better person I'd make this happen and the world would be a better place for it.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

For the first time in my life I actually want to finish watching Enterprise so I can figure out which ham-fisted stereotype it best goes with.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Thinking about this further, Babylon 5 may have just been Albanian DS9 with the extensive chess references removed and replaced with expensive CGI fighter combat.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Even MIT has a gender studies program. Yar didn't spend a lot of time on theoretical warp field dynamics and Wesley Crusher didn't spent a lot of time on two-handed punches and narrow corridor fighting tactics.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Powered Descent posted:

Also, found while looking up that episode. In some parallel quantum universe or other, it looks like they already beat us to the brilliant idea:

You mean the Obsidian Order beat us to the Obsidian Order's idea.

There is no way, alternate universe or not, that that strapping young cardie isn't tied 19 ways to Enabran Tain.

gently caress that probably is Enabran Tain himself.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

MikeJF posted:

Don't forget that in the parallel universe the Bajorans are an evil empire that conquered the Cardassians.

The rabid Bajoran fanatics have been a threat to the peaceful good intentioned Cardassian race across every incarnation of universe. Its the one true constant.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Kitchner posted:

Garak and the Romulan then grudgingly see his point and
the Romulan dies immediately after due to a section of the space station's duranium superstructure randomly falling on her quarters.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

By which I am also making it clear that the Obsidian Order is the finest secret police/intelligence service in any quadrant. If they had not been so hamstrung by the Federation's need to claim ownership of the worm hole the Founders would have been located, isolated and neutralized in weeks by a crack team of simple promenade merchants.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Its just called "Klingon Intelligence" and yes probably was the fat chef. (which makes me instantly suspicious of Sisko's Dad and his fake restaurant)

There is also the Vulcan V'Shar, which in accordance with the prime directive gathers all sorts of intelligence and then does gently caress-all with it because organized groups of Vulcans are generally quite stupid based on their need to out-logic each other and engage in fierce contests of emotional neutrality.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

At least she worked to drain every trace of french out of the only french-rooted word in the entire ST universe, 'Maquis'

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Plus him getting called out on massacring villagers in his spare time. Worf is such a perv for his violence and BDSM lifestyle. He had Skull Faced Opponent, that nobody would have minded if he killed by the billions, but no, have to go kill Skull Faced Child and Skull Faced Pregnant Woman and Skull Faced Elderly Double Amputee in Skull Faced Wheelchair so the son of Mogh can get his son of rocks off.

gently caress Worf. I'm almost glad Captain Worf will never happen beyond a failed Kickstarter. Better to have a series starring Captain Reg Barkely or Captain Ayala or Mindfucked Space-Starchild But All Old And Gross Now Returning Academy Dropout Wesley "Mrs. Traveller" Crusher.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Concerned Fan: "Hello yes, Star Trek Hotline? Thank you for taking my call. I'm concerned that DS9 may not have enough silly bullshit in it. What can I do to ensure..."

Star Trek Hotline: "Rumpelstiltskin!"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

There is no way Miles didn't cobble together a holo-emitter from faulty food replicators and broken Dabo wheels, programmed with an actual personable version of Keiko during her botany thing. It was even in the script, his quarters were full of disparate tech junk that he was very , very insistent not to relocate.

He was by no means 'backed up', but probably quite tired of making love to something that smelled strongly of hasperat.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I think the Trek movie cast would do pretty well sealed in a barrel an dropped into a chasm. Anyone that starred in a movie more recently than or more successful or more forgettable than "Masters Of The Universe" should be ineligible for pulling TV Trek duty.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

MikeJF posted:

Don't you dare say anything bad about Karl Urban.

Horse master would be granted reprieve from the barrel should he agree, or any of the others agree, that Movie Trek is garage and they'll not work on any trek property ever again, as they are wholly culpable for keeping Armin Shimerman out of a pair of latex rubber lobes.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

My Q-Face posted:

There were a few alien of the week

You know nothing, Tosk Snow.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Monkey Fracas posted:

some 5th dimensional weird poo poo

Awesome
If you can enjoy that crap then you and DS9 are going to be the very best of friends.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Monkey Fracas loves it and they're only on the first schap.

Amazing.

Allamarazing.

Wait, I think you have your episode order wrong. The second episode isn't highly expendable people, its the disappointing Mr. Tana Los. If you are skipping eps you are making a big mistake.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 5, 2015

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Skip the one where Jake gets molested by that space molester woman. Its creepy.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That was an OK ep aside from the "Klingons" being sad sack. And that was inline with Odo's obsessive nature. Could one even calculate how many hours Odo spent as a cup being sucked on by Morn or some gross freighter captain in the faint hopes of catching Quark skirting a Bajoran gooseberry import tariff?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Kenzie posted:

Oh and then there's the part where Odo fucks "links" with himself.

The other Odo was locked in a can the whole episode, so the alternate timeline Odo surprise fucks himself and gives the other Odo 200 years of memories of himself obsessing over Kira for some reason. Oh and then he sabotages the ship so that it will disrupt the timeline and kill all 8,000 colonists because KIRA.

Star Trek is weird.

Do you remember the other, other Odo that wanted to gently caress "link" with Odo prime right out on the promenade. And then when that wasnt good enough he forms himself around the balls and bums of a bunch of Klingons on shore leave?

The Odo species are the most hosed up people.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You'd hang yourself too if you risked going home to suffer through a Dalrock attack.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm just going to throw this idea out there. Tell me what you think. Its a little bold, a little underbaked. But its also big. It could have legs, it could hit all four market demographic quadrants and even find a fifth. It could sell seven seasons straight through to the foreign markets. It could be a hit.

Its a little idea, I call, "Deep Space... Ten".

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

MikeJF posted:

It also shows so many seeds of Battlestar Galactica.
If that interview includes an unsatisfying Lucy Lawless cameo and ends in an overwrought diaphanous opera house scene then I guess I have to read it.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

muscles like this? posted:

Fan film that has Tuvok and I believe Chekov.

Its got Icheb and you dont need to bother listing any other old cast names once the 'cheb is on the marquee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Move Along Home is fun but its structure is the worst soft of high camp, writers room stench, low buy-in acting. audience gets it long before the cast does plot, and capped off with the 'now lets never speak of that again' finish that epitomizes bad serialized trek.

What I'm saying is there isnt a lot of Garak in it.

• Locked thread