Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0D9C5R4kTc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

worst mistake in all of star trek was not going ahead with the spinoff about the guy with the sassy computer and the woman who could turn into a cat

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Did ST ever cover the idea of a civilisation ~ascending to a higher plane of existence~ or w/e

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

MikeJF posted:

There is a Culture thread in the book barn
Actually a general Banks thread just in case you wanna talk about jars of fake testicles in formaldehyde and not psychopath AIs

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

It is the official position of this thread that these two should have gotten together.

Imagine the incredible capacity for offspring obstinacy by combining a Prime Directive-obsessed Frenchman with a Plays-By-Her-Own-Rules Bajoran.
I liked her when she was ice cold gay in BSG

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

As for the TOS part, the completed TOS pilot was on Netflix last time I checked, with a mostly different crew and everything. They reused footage of Captain Pike for that other episode where he was in the morse code giant iron lung dealie.
I always wondered what the deal was with the pilot being a mixture of B&W and colour. Like I know the colour bits were the parts they reused for the beeping chair episode but did they lose the original film for the pilot at some point after that or what?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Kitchner posted:

Problem is Wesley Crusher went off to evolve to a higher plane of existence. What a poo poo story.
still found the time to make it to troi and riker's wedding, though

Oh new page. So uh whatever happened with seth macfarlane wanting to so a new series?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

i don't know what marx and bakunin have to do with star trek but i can't stop laughing at this edit

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

What are some good weird "something's wrong with everything but everyone thinks I'm crazy" episodes? Watched Remember Me and Parallels with a buddy who hasn't seen much star trek yesterday and realised that those are my favourite kind of star trek thing.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The new television series is not related to the upcoming feature film “Star Trek Beyond,” which is scheduled to be distributed by Paramount Pictures in summer 2016.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Tujague posted:

* Alien who switches genders frequently has running conflict with ignorant crewman who refuses to use correct pronoun
Unironically would love this

quote:

* War against sneaky religious aliens who wear towels on their heads
oh man I had forgotten all about the suliban

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I just remembered Vic Fontaine was a real dude and not a hologram in the mirror universe and :wtc: was up with that

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Star Trek: The Television Series

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Takkaryx posted:

*Ship Mind and a human passenger*
Mind: There's a hostile ship 80 minutes away from us. I'm going to engage it. *Mind starts detailing all of the crazy maneuvers, feints, and attacks*
Human: This is intense, are we safe?
Mind: Hmm? Oh, the fight was over before I finished the first word. I'm just replaying the video.
Surface Detail, right?

also new trailer looks like a big dumb action movie but I happen to like star trek flavoured big dumb action movies so we cool

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

what if it really was just sisko writing on the walls, all of star trek
It's real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I unironically hope JJtrek 4 is some mirror universe poo poo if only because I want to see people get into earnest arguments involving the phrase "alternate reality mirror universe"

• Locked thread