Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ChiralCondensate posted:

yeah keep posting that you're gonna go far kid

drat you're a miserable oval office

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
by grabthar's hammer.............................................................................. what a savings

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Voyager remade as a farce would be pretty good I think.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Entropic posted:

I think every series had crazy last minute casting changes. TOS was going to have a woman first officer until the network nixed it, and there's test footage of the Voyager pilot with Janeway played by a french canadian woman who didn't want to be there.

is there a link to this anywhere?

also I <3 Ro Laren (and I totally missed that she was Admiral Cain until it got mentioned a couple pages ago)

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 3, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Melchior posted:

The whole format of Trek just wouldn't sell as a series these days. DS9 comes the closest to what's popular now, mainly because it's serial. It's by far the most interesting because it questions the entire underpinnings of the show's mantra of utopia. Utopias are boring and drastically limit the number of stories to be told.

Yeah but you could do a show on the fringes of the utopia and have the crew struggling to maintain their lofty ideals when faced with outside context problems and whatever.

Kind of like Voyager tried to do but you know.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
just doin the sisko a favor imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk if you've ever had a naked female rubbing your ears but it's preeeetty loving amazing

• Locked thread