Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
People have joked about it in this thread but the star trek house guy was unsurprisingly a paedophile for reals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32736286/star-trek-flat-for-sale-after-owner-jailed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo

Gutcruncher posted:

In case you guys didnt know, they recently put the HD version of TNG on Netflix. Its stupendous.

I hope it doesn't go on the UK Netflix for a while since I already paid £300 for the Blu rays

\/\/\/ Thank the lord of post-purchase rationalisation

Fucked-Up Little Dog fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 28, 2015

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo

Rynder posted:

We don't speak of the HD version, it's origins are evil. However by the same token we'll never learn the mystery of the spotted data action figure.

Hey guys check this out I've been able to get an opportunity to speak with someone that used to put star trek vhs tapes in cardboard sleeves in the video tape factory, here's part one of my 14 page interview with some pretty interesting facts about star trek vhs tapes

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo

The General posted:

Im not sure it would be a fair fight, Robot Asimov wouldn't be allowed to fight back I don't think? Do clones still count as humans?

0th law would let him kill Herbert for the overall good of mankind (in his opinion)

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo

MikeJF posted:

It's definitely better directed. Especially better lit. Cinematographically there's no competition.

Can't save the script or FX budget, though.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo

Delsaber posted:

Geordi and Barclay are redditors. Harry Kim is a goon.

No, the Pakleds are the goon analogue.

e: please cast me as a Pakled extra in the new TV series

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo
That trailer looks even more blue and orange than Into Darkness

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo
only way to see the amount of effort someone went to just to make neelix feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Scratchmo

happyhippy posted:

Or its the opposite, and this theory explains tricorders and lovely LCARS screens.
Everyone in Starfleet has contact lense Oculus Rift's, that is streaming data to them the whole time.
When they look at tricorders they are seeing charts and poo poo hover above it.
Just everyone has them that it needs never to be mentioned ever.

Maybe all the billions of coddled federation babies that pursue their ~~destiny~~ to be journalists but can't all be writing The Earth Times end up on all the star ships giving constant 24/7 rolling news updates on everything

• Locked thread