Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

See, that's why genetic alterations is banned. It's so hosed up that even fictional representations of it are inevitably hosed up! The federation just couldn't deal with the drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

chaosbreather posted:

That's why the Borg have cube ships. Every way is up so they don't have to waste valuable energy to not look like shitheads. Then they developed the even more advanced Borg sphere, taking it to the logical extreme, perfection at any cost.

Yeah, borg ships don't want to risk looking off kilter in large groups.

Just look at that tilted rear end in a top hat behind the defiant.

Shameful.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

cheerfullydrab posted:

I'm surprised the Federation doesn't just have holograms flying their combat ships, like that one Voyager episode where all the holographic doctors are working in a space mine or some poo poo.

Starfleet is a jobs program for misfits. Oh, not happy with your free food, clothing, shelter, education and limitless free time to pursue your hobbies? Fine, go do something dangerous in space.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

a happy snowman posted:

Those two are the whole fuckin' reason for the show.

Two older, highly trained theater actors eating every piece of scenery in sight. Glorious.

Given how great classically trained theater actors are in scifi, I wonder if Shakespeare was alive today would he be writing JJtrek?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

• Locked thread