Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

This kind of poo poo is inevitable when you decide to make a prequel. This is why prequel are universally garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Howard Beale posted:

drat Jake is stylin it up there like he's got a date at vic's later on with some crazy-rear end space cougar who gets off on book writing or something

That is the stupidest idea ever and no one would even make an episode about it :colbert:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0cFLb-JmaQ

Obviously, this clip is just as deep and meaningful right? Nu-trek is basically the same and anyone who doesn't like it is a crusty old grognard.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Gutcruncher posted:

"Are you using our IP to make money? Yes? Stop that!"

Seems simple enough to me?

I don't see where buying and hoarding IPs makes you anything more than a litigious parasite, so boo loving hoo to them. If this project was competing with something Gene Roddenberry was working on, and costing him money that would be different, but it's not.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Entropic posted:

He's in literally every episode, isn't he?

There's a handful he isn't in, but he's around a hell of a lot more than Jake.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

:iceburn:

You keep fighting the good fight man. You show those dumb nerds.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Harveygod posted:

The actor who plays Rom happens to be such a skilled dice-roller that he couldn't convincingly roll badly, so he rolled the dice with his left hand.

50/50 no one will get this joke

Of course I got your baseball joke. What, do you think I'm not some kind of massive nerd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
If I was the sort of terrible person to write a trek novel, I'd casually mention in it somewhere that Romulan ships have been upside down all along, because Romulans stubbornly refuse to use the generally accepted 'north' pole of the galaxy, and are the only major power to align to the south pole instead. No one ever mentions it because Romulans love to argue about it, and the whole thing is dumb and not worth acknowledging anyways. Their giant hollow ships don't make any less sense upside down anyways. One of the many disappointing things about nutrek was in the trailer of the first movie, it was cut in such a way that it looked like the bridge was upside down on the bottom of the saucer, but it actually wasn't. I can understand not wanting to confuse 1966 or 1987 America with such concepts as no up or down in space, but nu-trek would have been the perfect opportunity to add in some of that stuff.

In super unrealistic star trek type space fites, it looks like it would make sense to shape your ship to present the smallest possible profile directly in front of and behind you, to be harder to hit, so design is not a completely arbitrary thing. Not that any of the designs really reflect that.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Mirror Kira is basically Dukat. I always found that kind of amusing and I don't know if it was intentional: The ego maniac that thinks she is "helping" the underlings while banging all of them and really only caring about herself. You could drop almost anything she says in Dukat's mouth and it'd work... that said we totally needed a mirror Dukat. A heroic version of him would have been entertaining as hell.

I never realized we never got mirror Dukat before, that would have been amazing. Maybe mirror Dukat was just a frenchman who played seedy poker games in 19th century San Francisco hotel basements.

• Locked thread