Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ambrose Burnside posted:

nah worf is definitely a mega weeaboo and it rules but its never stated directly

like. remember that worf is culturally and socially human and was raised in fuckin minsk, and had very little contact w/ klingons (if any really, i dont recall exactly) before TNG starts. so hes like "no i could not couple with these humans, they are too. fragile." and then it turns out worf was a fuckin virgin until he knocked up that one klingon lady who had alexander lmao. and worf is all HONOUR HONOUR HONOUR when every klingon we meet just pays honour lip service while being just about as cynical and pragmatic as anyone else. jadzia dax is a better and less weird/forced klingon than worf is in ds9, in the later seasons where theyre directly juxtaposed as a couple. and when worf really lets someone into his life on a personal level, like at the end of TNG when hes dating troi, he doesnt take them to klingon programs on the holodeck but the freakin shores of the black sea at night. hes very thoroughly human and just emulates klingonism from what is depicted in his anime magazines and it rules really hard

hahaha Worf is Space Rachel Dolezal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

well now I want to see TNG redone in DK mode from Goldeneye

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Met posted:

I had never made the mental connection that Quark and Guinan had the same profession.

Guinan doesn't even compare as a character.

Ten Forward could definitely use some Dabo tables

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Kitchner posted:

Obviously... not.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Tujague posted:

It's sort of funny and sad how stirred up you guys get when I say that desperately straining and grunting to seem smart by earnestposting wildly unexamined, kid-who-read-cliff's-notes philosophy bullshit in the context of a TV spaceship show is real stupid

It's like poking a nest of obese hornets. Like, you all leap with uncharacteristic vigor and wheezing noises to make it stop and try to hurt my feelings via projection. Reminds me of that lowtax thread about changing the shitposting rules.

:getout:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

isn't Kate Mulgrew just a raging prima donna that rubs off on people the wrong way

I thought I heard that about her on OITNB

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

angerbeet posted:

Incorrect. Just like Janeway is the best captain, Voyager is the best trek.

this post has a goatee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

chaosbreather posted:

Uh, you're forgetting T'Pol's tits, aka, the only good part of Enterprise there buddy

• Locked thread