Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

TEAYCHES posted:

gul dukat did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I wanna know if that house makes space engine humming noises

Like does he just play this on a loop all the time or what
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_AwAcMSfPQ

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Tujague posted:

We could write a good script about people who have poo poo jobs like that and throw on some DS9-style critique of the Federation and some "Why is O'Brien the only enlisted man in the Federation?" crap and it would be better than these silly, overwrought fanmades. I'm sure Robert Picardo would jump onboard.

The only time I can remember enlisted personnel was that DS9 episode where the Defiant was chasing Jem'Hadar ships in the atmosphere of some gas giant. There were enlisted engineers with actual speaking roles, and O'Brien tells Worf to ease up on them and stop yelling at them because they weren't officers and haven't been to the academy.

I wanna see a show about those guys, not yet another Adventures of Captain Swinging Dick and His Shithead Bridge Officers.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Universe Master posted:

star trek ships even have a stun setting on their main phasers, and can target with centimeter precision from orbit

no need to ever have more than a handfull of guys in key locations on a planet as long as you've got a few ships in orbit.

But electronic warfare and sensor/transport scrambling and whatnot happens all the time in Star Trek. It's how the Bajorans managed to survive the Cardassians for 50 years.

You can't just hit the enemy with surgical strikes from orbit when you don't know where they are. You can't just beam down to the surface all the time either. Sometimes you have to send troop transports down to the surface and launch an old-fashioned bloody ground invasion.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Kitchner posted:

There also isn't any "ground forces" they are just dudes in the yellow uniforms. Since the only half way competent security person you ever meet in a yellow uniform is Worf and everyone else gets bitch slapped, vapourised, or tricked into letting their prisoner escape, I'm surprised the Cardassians didn't wipe the Federation out in ever land battle.

Well the dudes in the yellow uniforms are all that you need. Don't you remember what Worf said in the hit DS9 episode "Let He Who Is Without Sin..."? Starfleet uniforms are designed for comfort, even in the most extreme environments.

Meanwhile the Cardassians are constantly having to struggle with their own awkward and bulky uniforms while getting ambushed by Starfleet/Bajoran dudes in their comfy pajamas.

shadow puppet of a posted:

The Bajorans survived only on the harmonious goodwill and benevolent mercy of one Gull Dukat thank you very much.

Oh and that too, of course. :gowron:

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Kitchner posted:

I said half way competent

What about Eddington? He was competent enough to fool the whole DS9 crew including Odo for 18 months. Then he beat and embarrassed Sisko repeatedly until Sisko went nuts and nerve gassed an entire planet.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Thread needs more drinkin' kanar with Damar.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Entropic posted:

I can't tell if the Cardassian uniforms are supposed to be rubber or not. I used to think they were metal when I was a kid, but in a bunch of episodes you can see them bend like rubber and it doesn't seem like they're trying to hide it.

Yeah sometimes they didn't seem to give a poo poo.

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/The_Maquis,_Part_I_
"When Dukat and Benjamin Sisko enter the Promenade, having just returned to Deep Space 9 after visiting the Demilitarized Zone, it is obvious that the chest piece of Dukat's costume has detached itself from the underlying material. The rubber armor even catches a few times on the actor's lower arm as it swings while he walks."

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

EvilTaytoMan posted:

If Worf were any good he'd make programmes based on his Japanese animes Klingon operas.

Well on DS9 Worf had a holosuite program where he played a Klingon emperor with 10,000 warriors conquering a city and then slaughtering all the inhabitants, including all the women and children. That's pretty badass.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Another creepy episode is the one where the Defiant crew finds that planet filled with their own descendants from an alternate timeline, where they crash on that planet and go back 200 years so they can't escape so that Kira dies and they all start loving or some poo poo.

Creepy because of the alternate timeline Odo. He goes onto the Defiant to find Kira, whom he hasn't seen in 200 years, and within 2 seconds he announces OH HEY KIRA YOU'RE HOT AND I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU AND WANT TO SHOVE MY AMORPHOUS, GELATINOUS DICK DEEP INSIDE YOU

And Kira just sort of stands there like :stare:

What the gently caress, Star Trek

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

shadow puppet of a posted:

That was an OK ep aside from the "Klingons" being sad sack. And that was inline with Odo's obsessive nature. Could one even calculate how many hours Odo spent as a cup being sucked on by Morn or some gross freighter captain in the faint hopes of catching Quark skirting a Bajoran gooseberry import tariff?

Oh and then there's the part where Odo fucks "links" with himself.

The other Odo was locked in a can the whole episode, so the alternate timeline Odo surprise fucks himself and gives the other Odo 200 years of memories of himself obsessing over Kira for some reason. Oh and then he sabotages the ship so that it will disrupt the timeline and kill all 8,000 colonists because KIRA.

Star Trek is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I was watching Star Trek Renegades and the big bad blue alien seems awfully similar to the big bad green alien in Galaxy Quest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2Wgop9VLM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VGajDTNKFU

• Locked thread