Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

Star Trek: These Guys episode 2 is about not having access to the same medical facilities as federation citizens and watching Dr. Crusher fawn over the needless holodeck injuries of the crews complement of fake gymnasts and kayakers. Dr. Bev tosses the These Guys a handful of mixed, loose moldy pills for their searing back pain and shorn vertebrae and acts like she is doing them a favor, while really she's just scouting the These Guys for a trade for some fancy flower seeds with that reckless spine transplant doctor.

They did this on Voyager (Critical Care). It was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

p sure it's the guys who edit memory alpha

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

You can have both, though! Some of my favorite Enterprise episodes are the ones about how the UFP came into existence. Granted, at least 50% of that is Shran, but it was also interesting to see the history get fleshed out.

The Klingon forehead ridges stuff wasn't just badly written, it was also aimed at answering a question that no one really cared about. Besides, Worf already gave the best possible answer. Why keep digging when you've already struck dilithium?

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Kitchner posted:

To be fair Gene Roddenberry died in 1991, that means thanks to the wonderful power of copyright lobbyists those fans looking to make fan made films only need to wait until 2061 to release their film.

At which point it will be one of the last things to be released prior to the nuclear apocalypse and/or robots gaining sentience and destroying all human life on the planet.

True, but it's only due to the fuckery of companies like Disney that works are copyrighted for 50 years after death in the first place.

I used to worry about franchises I enjoy turning to poo poo once they became public domain, but after the Star Wars prequels, the new Trek movies and just about every rock band ever letting people use their songs to sell cars/food/etc. I can't really say that something like Renegades is any more unpleasant.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

would

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Just pick a Doctor- or Seven-focused episode at random and you'll probably hit something halfway decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

When I first scrolled down, I saw this:

not bad imo

• Locked thread