Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

No you have to choose an anime from his list, and post a list of your own so the next person can tell you what to watch.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

you can end this whenever you want to, boom

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

for the love of god read shounen stuff like that instead of watching the billion episode adaptions, else you're going to be watching really bad filler, episodes that stretch pages of comics into minutes of animation, or both.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Baccano, with the stipulation that you skip episode 1. It's not that good and it spoils a lot, so it's best watched after 13.

Kaiji
Shirobako
Tribe Cool Crew
Diebuster
Working!

Outside of maybe episode previews, it's silly to say that a show spoils itself.

Anyway, Shirobako.

e:
\/\/Nice catch.

Yona of the Dawn
Tatami Galaxy
Hyouka
Utena
Yozakora Quartet

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 15, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

8 minutes into The Tatami Galaxy: drat, this show is pretty.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I was able to keep up with the subs, but I can definitely see where all the comments about the pace of the dialogue come from. It's being put to good use though, and I feel that constantly pausing to try to catch every single word would be both unnecessary and a huge disservice to what's being done with the visuals, which are often just as rapid-fire as the dialogue. There's neat stuff going on in every scene, whether it be the interaction between the characters or the illustration of the narrator's monologue. I wouldn't be able to put it into words just yet, but it did a lot of good work giving you a feel for the narrator's character.

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 15, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

as much as I like CROWDs, that's kinda bad advice in certain contexts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

shirobako is about cute girls and other people making anime

Davincie posted:

hmm imma say barakamon (both guys and girls), hanayamata, working!! (both guys and girls), wakako-zake and love live

these

• Locked thread