Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
I used to hate the oatmeal raisin cookie: dirty little rake of a snack trying to pass itself off as a clearly superior product; yet now I find them quite enjoyable.

Deviled eggs? I used to despise the very mentioning of their name but now I'll down several in a sitting because they are pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird.

mushrooms pickles and olives come to mind, and now i eat all three at once on a sandwich

bird.

i mean, i havent really ordered or made that sandwich before, but i would

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

BrownianMotion posted:

mushrooms pickles and olives come to mind, and now i eat all three at once on a sandwich

I used to dislike pickles; now I can enjoy the odd one now and then.

Mushrooms and I have signed in blood a pact of eternal hatred I'm afraid.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
I also hated raspberries. A lot.

alnilam

I'm steadily improving on mushrooms and olives, i still can't stand ketchup though

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
salt and vinegar chips. didn't like them as a kid but now i love them more than any other flavor so i do not buy them. also raw tomato, i used to order sandwiches and salads without them but now it's my favorite part besides the meat and vinegar

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
tommy toes. the mates. maters.

i was a real mater hater, now not so much :jerry:

i still dislike peas and cooked carrots

ty bacalou!

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i used to hate blood, but now, it's all i drink

----------------

Ace of Baes
when i was a child, i spoke with the language of a child, but when i became a man i started liking onions and mushrooms

----------------

Ace of Baes
lemme tell you, the steak sandwich part of my life got a LOT more interesting

----------------

call of cthulu

by XyloJW

Qwerinty posted:

salt and vinegar chips. didn't like them as a kid but now i love them more than any other flavor so i do not buy them. also raw tomato, i used to order sandwiches and salads without them but now it's my favorite part besides the meat and vinegar

youve been all about the salt & vinegar chips lately...

----------------

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I used to HATE HATE HATE onions, especially on pizza. It was something about the way they crunched when you ate pizza. To little me, pizza wasn't crunchy and if it was something was very wrong.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

call of cthulu posted:

:confused:

----------------

Senior Management

onions maybe? Honey mustard I guess. Regular mustard still terrifies me because I saw some hosed up mustard stuff as a kid.

:jerry:

yoober

nuts in baked goods. i used to get upset when there were walnuts and almonds and things in cookies or brownies or bread. but now they're good.

joke_explainer

Brussels sprouts. TV and the way everyone's parents generally made them (endless boiling) made me think they were really gross. Then I had some properly roasted ones and realized they were good.

alnilam

lol all the generic "kids in cartoons hate this" vegetables were some of my favorite foods as a kid... lima beans, broccoli, peas, bruss sprouts, and meanwhile the thing i couldn't stand was ketchup

to be fair as a kid i saw brussels sprouts mostly as a vehicle for butter

precision

by VideoGames
i used to think i didn't like spinach, turns out i just had never had fresh spinach bc my parents were awful cooks

----------------

Senior Management

in reverse when I was a lad I liked to eat spinach. I ate it very muchly because of the Popeye'd Sailor Person. But now in my old age I don't really eat it that much anymore.

:jerry:

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
humble pie

PUGGERNAUT

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

precision posted:

i used to think i didn't like spinach, turns out i just had never had fresh spinach bc my parents were awful cooks

same

my parents couldn't properly cook a vegetable to save their lives

"what's a garlic? look just dump it all in a pot and boil it until it turns grey"

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
the grapes of wrath

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
the fruit of my loins (Not a cum joke)

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
the fruit of my loins (cum joke)

joke_explainer

To be fair a lot of our parents were trained that if any food wasn't ultra-over cooked and processed their families would die in front of them

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien

joke_explainer posted:

To be fair a lot of our parents were trained that if any food wasn't ultra-over cooked and processed their families would die in front of them

and now we're surrounded by BADditives and artificial SLAVE-orings

City of Glompton

Qwerinty posted:

i used to hate blood, but now, it's all i drink

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

precision

by VideoGames

joke_explainer posted:

my mother was a 70s-drug-hippie who decided, in the 80s, to be as 80s as possible, and become a secretary in upper-class new jersey (up near Mt. Zion, far from the pollutions of Trenton and Newark, where the malls were 3 stories high and swaggering and roaming the woods was our only entertainment aside from our bicycles) and then married an executive at RCA. she somehow didn't figure out that food didn't exist in that mythology because cocaine kills your appetite. i legit can't remember a single thing she ever cooked other than spaghetti.

----------------

Koishi Komeiji

Sour cream. The name makes it sound like it's going to be gross and as a kid I only had it when it was in some random aunt's gross casserole. Now I know it as a Mexican food enhancer. It's pretty good.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Vynar posted:

onions maybe? Honey mustard I guess. Regular mustard still terrifies me because I saw some hosed up mustard stuff as a kid.

did you serve in ww 1?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

alnilam

les fleurs du mall posted:

and now we're surrounded by BADditives and artificial SLAVE-orings

lol

Robert Plant

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Sour cream things, Mexican food

I've grown to appreciate sour cream only when used in conjunction with pierogis. And I don't like guacamole unless it's in a burrito.

Started diggin on some hummus big time though :3:

dogcrash truther
eggs

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
it took a while at first to get over the flavor of it but the health benefits are actually quite noticable and don't worry - it's sterile

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
ipecac

----------------

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
the taste of 'dem apples

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
burger king

verily carefree

Sour cream and broccoli. Not necessarily together but, drat, I might have to try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird

by zen death robot

call of cthulu posted:

----------------

• Locked thread