Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
It's all because BIG PHARMA wants to keep making money off of sick people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

FTFY

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
You people are missing the point. What you're showing are, at the very least, argument starters. You want to end a conversation? Here ya go.

"Do you have any idea what your mother's vagina smells like?"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Coming into a thread telling people they miss the point while missing the point is pretty fitting yeah.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Khazar-khum posted:

You people are missing the point. What you're showing are, at the very least, argument starters. You want to end a conversation? Here ya go.

No, man, this kind of thing is just likely to start a yo mama fight

"No, but if it's half as stank as yo mama's vag, she gotta sneak up on tampons"

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

"Mainstream media" or worse "Lamestream media."

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
"Hello! Can I have a few minutes of your time?"

"No, it is YOU who is intolerant."

"I'm just saying what we all think" or "Just sayin'".

"Micro$oft"

"That is a kafkatrap, so this argument is over"

"<Needing a helmet> / <keeping to speed limit> / <Not texting while driving> doesn't apply to me because unlike most, I am a good driver."

Even if they are a good driver, you still need to take precautions to protect yourself from the other traffic participants.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012
"Vaccines cause ________"

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Anything respelled with a dollar sign, really. Not to mention "AmeriKKKa."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

PurpleButterfly posted:

Long lasting immunity?

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
"I speak for everyone when I say ..."

"You're just trolling so I'm not going to go into that" (you can replace troll with SJW)

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
*says something incredibly racist/sexist* "Everyone's entitled to their opinions, if you don't like it, cover your ears. It's a free country!"

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

"I moderate the internet forum Something Awful for no money"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'Bansky is cool and deep'

Khazar-khum posted:

Hahahaha

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

PurpleButterfly posted:

"I don't vaccinate my children" throws me into such a rage that I always say something along the lines of "we're not going to discuss this." If they persist I will walk away but luckily so far it's always ended at me saying that.

Same thing for my mom and "you're going to be mad but I'm voting for Trump!" But that time I did walk away. Oh mom, you're so crazy and watch CNN all the time.

"I don't neuter my male dog because [some reason about being a male and masculine and balls]"

"My vet says my pet is obese but they're wrong! They're perfectly fine and happy!" (pet's stomach is so big that it touches the ground. Doubly horrible if pet has genetic back problems like dachshunds)

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:02 on Aug 31, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thin Privilege posted:

"I don't vaccinate my children" throws me into such a rage that I always say something along the lines of "we're not going to discuss this." If they persist I will walk away but luckily so far it's always ended at me saying that.

Same thing for my mom and "you're going to be mad but I'm voting for Trump!" But that time I did walk away. Oh mom, you're so crazy and watch CNN all the time.

"I don't neuter my male dog because [some reason about being a male and masculine and balls]"

"My vet says my pet is obese but they're wrong! They're perfectly fine and happy!" (pet's stomach is so big that it touches the ground. Doubly horrible if pet has genetic back problems like dachshunds)

Christ, that is a mess.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

RareAcumen posted:

Christ, that is a mess.

I deal with a lot of horrible people at work, and have a lot of horrible people in my step-dad's family. They always bring their un-neutered dogs to family gatherings, where the dogs promptly try to kill each other. Bonus points when the dogs are pit bulls.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thin Privilege posted:

I deal with a lot of horrible people at work, and have a lot of horrible people in my step-dad's family. They always bring their un-neutered dogs to family gatherings, where the dogs promptly try to kill each other. Bonus points when the dogs are pit bulls.

Oh god, the deeper you go into things the more problems you bring up. What next? Does you mom try to fix the dogs up with homeopathy?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Stick Insect posted:

"<Needing a helmet> / <keeping to speed limit> / <Not texting while driving> doesn't apply to me because unlike most, I am a good driver."

"I'm not wearing a seatbelt! Do you know how many people die from wearing a seatbelt?"

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
Basically any variation on the idea that they don't "Give a gently caress what you think" or "Zero fucks given" or any similar variant. I found most people who who say that they don't give a gently caress, really...really really really do care.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Turpo

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Stick Insect posted:

Even if they are a good driver, you still need to take precautions to protect yourself from the other traffic participants.

This one sends me into a blind rage. I have a half-dozen friends and family who are dead because some jackass couldn't pay attention behind the wheel of a 2 ton, speeding chunk of metal. Likewise, gently caress people who drive drunk/high.

Thin Privilege posted:

"He'll live 3 years longer, won't piss everywhere and won't try to tear out the neighbor's dog's throat, but... at what cost?"
:cripes:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"I'm an introvert, so..."

"Where are your sources? I don't deal in rhetoric! I only care about opinions accompanied by a stack of research papers because how people feel is irrelevant!"

sticklefifer has a new favorite as of 22:24 on Aug 31, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

RareAcumen posted:

Oh god, the deeper you go into things the more problems you bring up. What next? Does you mom try to fix the dogs up with homeopathy?

The only quote from my mom was the Trump one, thank god.

Her dogs have always gotten their shots and visit vet twice a year and are fixed. They were always on the normal but chunky side of the weight range but I finally convinced mom to feed them good food so now they're in the super good weight range, and I run with them when I visit. Good dogs.

Most other people income into contact with... Yeah dunno what to say about them. I'm helping out an art school class soon so hopefully I'll get another "I'm Jhyoe (Joe) and my pronouns are..." My solution thus far has been just smile and nod.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

shut up netface posted:

Basically any variation on the idea that they don't "Give a gently caress what you think" or "Zero fucks given" or any similar variant. I found most people who who say that they don't give a gently caress, really...really really really do care.

"I don't care about this topic, that's why I've been arguing about it for the last four hours. It's funny, actually. See me laugh. :argh:"

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

Long lasting immunity?

That's the only acceptable item with which to fill in that blank.

quote:

This is what I was getting at.

PurpleButterfly has a new favorite as of 03:30 on Sep 1, 2015

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

*says something incredibly racist/sexist* "Everyone's entitled to their opinions, if you don't like it, cover your ears. It's a free country!"

It should be legally allowable to punch someone in the face for saying this.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

drat, you Asian? I love Asian girls. I eat sushi like, all the time. :)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

PurpleButterfly posted:

That's the only acceptable item with which to fill in that blank.

This is what I was getting at.

Yeah I know. I loving despise anti vaxxers from the bottom of my heart and it's pretty much the only thing that can still get me really mad on the Internet. :argh:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
"Who do you think lies more, men or women?"

So powerful it can end the very conversation it was trying to start.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

"A united Ireland would... "

"I'm a total nerd/gamer/geek... "

"Did you see on I loving Love Science that... "

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

goose fleet posted:

"I'm vegan"

Deal breaker.

I have kids.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
M'lady

Women these days [dont respect men/ are manly/ unfeminine/ don't know what it means to be female/ feminazis/ etc]

Misandry

Well actually men are the oppressed class because

*negging*

I hit some LMR after some heavy kino, so I slowed my escalation down a little until she felt comfortable.

Return of kings is a good website

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Sep 5, 2015

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"I read online . . . "

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

FutonForensic posted:

drat, you Asian? I love Asian girls. I eat sushi like, all the time. :)

Me, too, tovarisch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'I originally joined for Dangan Ronpa but after that ended...'

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
When I'm on a date with a girl and she brings up crubbo. Instant turnoff.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

gentle pete posted:

When I'm on a date with a girl and she brings up crubbo. Instant turnoff.

What is crubbo?

My ending topic is " Well, I'm anti-Skub"
Those people just arent human.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

What is crubbo?

My ending topic is " Well, I'm anti-Skub"
Those people just arent human.

And as a follow-up question, what is Skub?

I refuse to google these things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

RareAcumen posted:

And as a follow-up question, what is Skub?

I refuse to google these things

• Locked thread