Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You know how you can start a conversation with someone and they don't derail into an embarrassing trainwreck about how 9/11 was an inside job or Bin Laden was never killed?

This thread's about the opposite of that.

For example:

CommunistPancake posted:

Roko's Basilisk is useful because you know if someone mentions it, you know that there's no point in talking to them anymore. A time saver.

Add things you've experienced/know/have learned! Feel free to post relationship 'red flags' as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

"I have a black friend so...'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

Related to that, "I don't see color."

'Oblammo, Obongo, B Rock the Islamic Shock, that Kenyan human being, etc.' When talking about Obama.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

More often than not 'The black community' is also one of them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Ack, that one kills me. See also "I read that smoking weed while you're pregnant will make your kid more creative"

Content:

"I can't believe she won't go out with me; can't she see that I'm a nice guy? Not like those jerks she always dates."

'It's a trilby not a fedora'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tetracube posted:

It's ephebephilia not pedophilia

I'm an egalitarian not an MRA

If Feminism were really about equal rights, they'd call themselves egalitarians.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heritage not hate/ The War of Northern Aggression/ it was about State Rights.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'I'm so glad that someone is finally saying what we've all been thinking. That's why I'm going to vote Trump.'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'Let's get this out here right now. I'm a 23 year old law graduate with an IQ of 155. '

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There are kids starving in Africa you know

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Oh god, extra points if he or she slams anime for being dumb kids' poo poo and in the same breath tries to get me to watch the superior Steven Universe

How I would try to convince someone to watch something:

:v: Hey, you should watch [show]
:geno: ...Eh
:v: Hey, at least give it a shot if you've got time.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

See also: "I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally, regardless of skin color."

See also also: "I don't hate black people, I hate niggers. Not all black people are niggers!"

Oh and on a related note:

:smug: "There's only one race. The human race." :smug:

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Aug 25, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

"Cartman is so funny'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'Non GMO'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'Bansky is cool and deep'

Khazar-khum posted:

You people are missing the point. What you're showing are, at the very least, argument starters. You want to end a conversation? Here ya go.

"Do you have any idea what your mother's vagina smells like?"

Hahahaha

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thin Privilege posted:

"I don't vaccinate my children" throws me into such a rage that I always say something along the lines of "we're not going to discuss this." If they persist I will walk away but luckily so far it's always ended at me saying that.

Same thing for my mom and "you're going to be mad but I'm voting for Trump!" But that time I did walk away. Oh mom, you're so crazy and watch CNN all the time.

"I don't neuter my male dog because [some reason about being a male and masculine and balls]"

"My vet says my pet is obese but they're wrong! They're perfectly fine and happy!" (pet's stomach is so big that it touches the ground. Doubly horrible if pet has genetic back problems like dachshunds)

Christ, that is a mess.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thin Privilege posted:

I deal with a lot of horrible people at work, and have a lot of horrible people in my step-dad's family. They always bring their un-neutered dogs to family gatherings, where the dogs promptly try to kill each other. Bonus points when the dogs are pit bulls.

Oh god, the deeper you go into things the more problems you bring up. What next? Does you mom try to fix the dogs up with homeopathy?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

'I originally joined for Dangan Ronpa but after that ended...'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

What is crubbo?

My ending topic is " Well, I'm anti-Skub"
Those people just arent human.

And as a follow-up question, what is Skub?

I refuse to google these things

• Locked thread