Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

ExecuDork posted:

You live in a deeply oppressive society. Free yourself from this cultural tyranny!

Something something protestant ethic, or some similar drivel.

Echoing that the statement "too much fun" is horseshit.

I live in the south and let me tell you it's an all too real phenomenon of people getting upset with you if you look like you're enjoying yourself too much.

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/34745-puritanism-the-haunting-fear-that-someone-somewhere-may-be-happy

(Anyone who is not an H.L. Mencken fan can :getout:)

Vanagoon fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Left Ventricle posted:

After I started it up to let the oil circulate, I was poking around and moving the spark plug wires away from the alternator when this happened:

I am the worst car owner. I am the current previous owner.

This is just entropy having a laugh at your expense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finagle%27s_law

quote:

Finagle's law of dynamic negatives (also known as Melody's law or Finagle's corollary to Murphy's law) is usually rendered as "Anything that can go wrong, will—at the worst possible moment."

So of course it comes apart while you've got your hand in there poking around, and tries to shock you (did it shock you?)

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Having done this exact thing in FWD cars repeatedly all I can think is "thump thump thump" because flat spots on the rear tires.

If this makes me a boring old man, them I'm ok with that.

Vanagoon fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 11, 2019

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Don't gently caress with Lucas stuff, next time try some Lubegard. poo poo is nearly magic.

Oriellys has it, as do NAPA.