Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

SuperDucky posted:

Your dedication to this truly AI undertaking is inspiring.

My mom bought a 1990 Century in like 1993-4, whatever. It had the 3.3 engine cause we had a pop up camper she wanted to tow with it. She wasnt able to do that but fast forward to forever cause she had that car like all the time I was growing up. My mom would drive me and my sis and like 4 friends in that car to middle school and probably high school dances cause gently caress yea bench seats both front and back. Then both me and my sis got Cavalier Z24s when we started driving which were like 140hp and moms 3.3 was 160 and we used to laugh about how moms silver mom-mobile was still faster than our poo poo even though it had bench seats and an automatic on the column. My mom had that car for like 10 years and then some kids stole it during spring break, smoked crack in it, broke the front seats so they would lean back farther and put some 6x9s in boxes in the rear window and hooked them to the stock stereo. My mom cried when they showed it to her in the impound and thinking about that will always make me sad. It was a great car.

Thats my Century story and I love this thread especially cause its a wagon and I love wagons and Centurys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Left Ventricle posted:

Just when I thought things were going too easy...

I had no choice but to take the upper intake back off, because fuel was pissing out of the rail when I turned the key on to crank it. From here:

In between the rail and the line nut. I guess I didn't tighten it down all the way or something. And naturally I don't have a 14 mm line wrench. Had to buy one. Luckily the gasket did not tear, so I didn't have to buy another one of those.

Hopefully have a starting video soon. I will still have to replace the driver's axle before I can drive it though...

That just happened to me recently on the same engine and it was because I tore the o ring putting it back together.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Left Ventricle posted:

There's supposed to be an o-ring there? What size is it?

Yeah there's an o-ring on the inside where the line plugs into the rail, not sure of the size as I just matched the old one to one in my various size kit.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea I like where this is headed.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Nice, I haven't seen a dustbuster van in ages.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Man what assholes but yea at least the damage wasnt too bad, poor old yeller :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Same Kimbo av, a classic.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Nice score! Pacesetter rules, they make headers for everything. Please make a sound video when you get them on.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Left Ventricle posted:

Gentlemen.

poo poo's about to get serious. This is a cam and custom pushrods for the wagon.

Omg yessss. I had a 1990 Z24 with the 3.1 and I dreamed so much about getting performance parts for it but they just didn't exist or I wasn't able to find anything at least since it was early internet days when I had it. So cool that it's a wagon too, way cooler than a Z24, at least to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Oh jeez sorry to hear that man, hope you're doing ok. That is a great picture of George though, nice work.