Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The iron duke version requires less maintenance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Christobevii3 posted:

I don't understand your choice of cars or why you do it but you look like you are having fun with your pops. My grandma had an ols of the same and was a reliable car that worked.

I loved my cutlass ciera more then any car I have owned but one day it just stopped starting for no apparent reason so I let it get towed away.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Left Ventricle posted:

Holy poo poo you guys, I had a revelation today.

So I was with my brother at the junkyard, where I'm sure most of us have their best ideas pop into existence. We were talking cars, as you do. We walked past the carcass of an A-body (G-body) LeMans wagon, like this one:

And it came to me, like a flash. Just put the gold wagon on a G-body wagon frame! Then I could use off-the-shelf G-body parts for my rear drive conversion. There's only like a 3 inch difference in wheelbase between the two! (108.1" G-body vs. 104.9" A-body) Chop that frame! Or maybe extend the fenders! Terrible idea, or best idea? How hard could it be?

Alternatively, I could just start with a G-body wagon as the base instead of this fool's errand, but what would the fun be in that?

That wagon in the picture is basically a GTO so do it.