Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It’s a great idea until you take it to a Jiffy Lube and end up with no transmission fluid and double the engine oil - I never would but you don’t know what the next owner will do. I always paint marker any additional drain points now when I’m under a new car.

Oh god you're giving me flashbacks. Shop I used to work at had a customer that was in every other weekend for an oil change. His job was basically road trip life so he was the 5 year old 600,000 mile car person.

One. Single. Time. The new guy drained his transmission on accident. He got a free transmission fluid change, caught without starting anything empty. No harm no foul right?

Every single visit after that

Peter "now, there's a drain"
Whoever had to work on it that day "yeah we remember don't drain the transmission there's plugs for both"
Peter not pausing or missing a beat "on the transmission too. It's over here on this side" points
Me trying to summon laser eyes of hate "..."
Peter "now the oil drain plug is over on this side" points
Me still glaring "... yep I remember"
Peter "now make sure you actually drain the oil. I'm just here for an oil change. And filter too. It's over here." Points again.

It was a race shop that did some maintenance. Anyone who couldn't make a race weekend was teased with "someone's gotta not drain Peter's transmission Saturday" and a pat on the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU