Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Hey on the L27 head, wouldn't that be EGR?

also tint your windows asap. The vegas heat is gonna kill those awesome seats in about a summer maybe two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

some texas redneck posted:

:hellyeah:

EVAP issues are always such a pain in the dick. The rest sounds like it'll be easy enough to fix though.

I always figured EVAP issues would be rear end related, not dick, but I digress.

You can use one of those air duster nozzles, *lightly* and I mean *lightly* (less than 20psi) pressurize the tank/evap lines. you'll know fast if its leaking.
Bonus if you have a smoke machine...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
loving god drat son of a bitch people are lower than frog's balls.

pull the bumper, go easy with a heatgun and you can waft out the wrinkles from the back side. inspect the retractor, it *should* be ok. Goof off will handle the scuffs well. try it on a small area to make sure it doesnt take your paint with it

The best thing that offsets more power? More plate. they'll be in pieces next time, and it'll look mad max as gently caress.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
that's a healthy tranny.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
FACK! Looks cosmetic though.

she'll buff out. :D

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Darchangel posted:

Absolutely, but his is on the firewall side head on a transverse V6, and I imagine he’s not done it before. Ain’t no one got time for that!

pull the dogbone mount(torque strut) and either ratchet strap the engine forward or use the parking pawl to your advantage to lever the engine forward.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

Looks like a longblock is 3k on rockauto. Hopefully you can find a good one in the picknpull, but don't really count on it... those 3.7s are famous for exploding. Usually they drop a valve seat and turn the whole rotating assembly into confetti, from what I've seen. It's too bad you can't use anything earlier than 07 (according to RA anyways) as a donor because at least crappy beater Jeep Liberties are everywhere and no one would ever cry about sacrificing one for its engine.

Probably a difference with the reluctor wheels on the crank/cams. The one on the crank is buried in the middle of the fucker.

I've rebuilt 4.7s and they are absolutely not worth the hassle. Try LKQ too, I've had good luck with the guys in NLV.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Sweet progress so far! Could have dropped the crank out to reclaim the flexplate/converter.

while the converter is out throw a new name-brand seal in. Might as well do the rubber lines while access is easy too.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Left cylinder head access plug.

Try P/N 53021197AA

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

I can't not see goatse grille.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
jfc what a donkey kick. Sorry for your loss and hope that things improve from here.