Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

I'm sorry you're going through all of that right now. Truly a kick in the teeth.

And thank you for posting the most majestic pictures of A-bodies ever taken. The first car I drove was our family's 1987 Chevy Celebrity wagon with the 2.8L in Yellow Beige.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

Sorry for the potato quality, but I saw an immaculate Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser wagon (with simulated wood grain!) this weekend and knew I had to get a picture:

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

Left Ventricle posted:

:hellyeah:

If I could find a Ciera coupe in decent nick I would complete the A-body bingo card. 2 6000s, 2 Celebritys (sedan, wagon), 5 Centurys (2 sedan, 3 wagon), two Dustbusters.

Funnily enough, in college I briefly had an '87 Ciera coupe. It's butt was a bit smashed in though. It had that 80's-tastic blue velour interior.
An odd follow up to us having an '87 Celebrity wagon (bought new!), a Celebrity sedan (not sure of the year, maybe also 87?), and an Century sedan.

I'm fuzzy on the specifics of the Century sedan. I think it was an 85 but I could be wrong. I just recall that having the worst engine ever. It was carbed, I think it was a V6, we had the carb rebuilt/tuned at least 3 times. It was slow as a dog and eventually the engine seized on me when I was driving to school (it was always a race in the morning between my dad and I, whoever got out the door first got the Celebrity wagon). And after the engine seized dad had a shop replace the engine....and then sold it for probably about what it cost to put the engine in.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

Darchangel posted:

Never owned one myself, but my buddy in high school owned a Cutlass Calais coupe, until he missed a turn on a rural road and put it into a tree, and I ferried a Ciera back from Arizona to Texas for a leasing agency in like 1990. I was actually fairly impressed with how well it drove on the highway. It had the OHC 4-banger in it, which was adequate at the time.

Actually, you've jogged my memory. I believe it actually was a Cutlass Calais coupe, not a Ciera that we had. That was a long time ago and we only had it for maybe 3-4 months.

Left Ventricle posted:

Probably the 3.0, the worst variant of the venerable Buick V6. No power, poo poo reliability. Might be the worst engine GM ever made.

YES! That was the one. That thing was beyond terrible. It would struggle to hit 55mph on flat ground.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

SpeedFreek posted:

I had one in my Sonoma and never had an issue, drat near 30 mpg highway and wasn't as gutless as the 4. I even had a helpful state trooper let me know it would do 90 uphill.

I think our Celebrity had the 2.8 v6, wasn't a barn burner or anything, but it got the job done.

I remembered I had actually seen a video someone did on that Buick 3.0:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8C2Ltwu50s