Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
There is a good chance the courtesy fuse keeps popping because of a metal object in the cigarette lighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

It truly is threads like this one that make AI what it is. Of all the cars to stockpile, this seems to me to be one of the least likely.

So does the 3100 suffer because of a design departure from the 3.3, or is the difference in reliability related more to owner habits (Buick drivers being older, and more likely to have their car serviced by qualified professionals)?

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

I assumed the 3.3 was yet another displacement variation of the 60* GM V-6 (which to my knowledge has been sold as 2.8, 3.1, 3100, 3400, 3500, and 3900). It makes sense that a variation of the nearly-indestructible 3800 would be a lot better than a 3100.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

I have found that liberal application of Fluid Film is the best thing for preventing wheel-to-hub freezing. At least in the Midwest.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Maybe your hub and brake work eliminated a sticky brake at one corner and this is what corrected the steering angle?

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Sell the truck. Use the money for another Century wagon (or the Oldsmobile version) and put the hot version of the 3900 in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Was that blowout on the front or rear?

Consider getting a used tool truck cooling system pressure tester on ebay. I got a Matco unit in great shape for like $60.