Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
What RWD GM stuff has a similar wheelbase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Driveshaft would be the least of my concern to start. Rear suspension, trans tunnel, engine mounts etc would be a bigger concern. You can get driveshafts pretty easily.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Left Ventricle posted:

Setting aside torsion beam vs. live axle, the basic design of the F-body and A-body rear suspensions are the same. Both have a coil spring and shock setup, both have panhards, both have a track arm—pretty low-tech stuff. The F-body's mounts are flipped compared to the A-body though—that is, the springs are on the "rear" of the axle on the F, but on the "front" on the A. Shocks are similarly flipped (F front, A rear). If it ends up not working, then I will have to engineer something else, but I would rather start with cheap and easy and go from there.

That's probably so the axle can travel properly while attached to the driveshaft. You don't have to worry about your center location so much with a torsion beam, but it's pretty important with a live axle IIRC.

I'd try and replicate the F-body geometry on the chassis just so you don't get any nasty surprises, and if you can, add a Watts link.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Well that's a turbofucked trans. Impressive.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Toyota MZ (auto) or Honda J (manual) swap it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Chef Brian posted:

:aaaaa: Holy poo poo

That's horrid. Now I want to check my alignment since I've hit some bad potholes lately