Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

My GF (who loves all wagons, but especially woodside ones and especially buick woodside ones) highly approves of your insanity. She has a 1993 Buick Roadmaster wagon (L05 under the hood, not an LT1, sadly) that I am slowly catching up on maintenance.

We've seen a number of Century wagons around the area, including a maroon woodside one that looked like a miniature version of hers. Didn't have any paper to write a "please call us if you ever want to sell" note, sadly, and it was gone when we got out of the store.

I carry a pad of Sticky Notes in my glovebox for this purpose, along with "Your rear left tire is nearly flat".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Spoiler!
I knew the function... wish my Fit's spoiler did it, the rear wiper doesn't have intermittent and that is kind of annoying.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Suburban Dad posted:

Could try calling up some mobile welders, can't imagine they'd charge a whole lot to fix that.

Its cast AL, which is a bitch to weld. Chances are the weld would fail whenever pressure was put on the joint.. Plus, it's part of a part that's got oil on it, so it'll make welding it doubly-hard.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
:lol: where'd you score that?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Left Ventricle posted:

Repair worked a treat. Right up until it nearly burned the car down with me in it.

I took it out this morning to go to the yard in Henderson and noticed a pretty heavy fuel smell. Pulled off the highway, and I was greeted with a gushing of fuel from the engine bay. It was coming from the fuel pressure regulator, which I had not fully seated in the fuel rail. It popped in neatly and stopped leaking. I could have killed myself. I lost over six gallons of fuel.

It's me. I am both the Worst Mechanic and the Customer That States.
DRIVE FASTER!
:grovertruk:

It's happened to lots of us. I know I had a line come off of a CIS pump, which runs at like 90psi. Nice, fine, atomized cloud of fuel and open headers.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

STR posted:

One of the front tires had a shifted belt, more than likely.

This would be my bet.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
What happened? Blowout? Or is that a glove?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Youch. Glad it wasn't catastrophic!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
That sucks. Keep fighting the good fight, the new ride looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Behold!