Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Left Ventricle posted:

I will eventually pay someone to replace both rear motors. They're riveted to the door. I don't feel like dealing with that.

I'm increasingly more willing to pay people these days to do the work, my sanity and back just can't take it anymore. Problem is finding a good mechanic tho.

I did solve most of my problem however by selling my two old cars (a '96 and '97) and got a newer car (2012) so it's only fluid changes for me for a looooong time :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Agreed. Now that my son is at the age of always wanting to do things, I just don't have the time anymore to deal with cars.

Once hanging out with dad isn't cool anymore I'll probably get a project :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm getting arthritis and in my hands it's the worst, I can no longer crimp a good crimp :smith:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well at least it's an Ecotec and is actually worth fixing.

Can also tell your uncle never washed or waxed it lol, same thing happens in Florida, you can say goodbye to the clear coat if you neglect the paint for too long.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

drat dude, just cut your losses and get the nicest Camry/Corolla you can afford and enjoy the Toyota reliability.

Hell you could probably get a decent high mileage Lexus for cheap.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Insanity is fixing the same car over and over and hoping it's not going to break again :v:

There comes a point in one's life when a dependable daily driver is important to your sanity, just because you can fix cars doesn't mean you have to.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol been there done that, had three and more than once they would all be broken at the same time :(

I don't know, I guess some people can keep going like that, I just got sick of working on cars because I had to. Wanting to is a different story.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ugh. Remind me to never own a Chrysler product again.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If the motor was taken care of that poorly you might want to check the condition of the transmission, because if that's shot too you might as well do it all at once.

Hell I'd just swap out the entire front subframe with the motor/trans/axles etc

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol I hate when that happens, but yeah at $60 you got off easy

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Higher number equals better, come on man :colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Gotta have ac in Florida, if you're selling a car and the ac doesn't blow ice cold you're not gonna be able to sell it unless you knock a ton of money off the value.

A buddy of mine basically gave away his perfectly running Altima because the ac needed a ton of work and he didn't want to deal with it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

drat talk about a one two punch, that sucks man, sorry for your loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dang that dude's Fieros are pretty rad, love the wide body blue one with the Corvette wheels