Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Oceanlife posted:

The national highway system has 160,000 miles in it but liberals like to pretend we can't build an effective wall. They really just want the hispanic vote, but then they'll complain about wages after they import 50 million new workers and wages drop even more.

wow you're right, if we just build a highway at a 90 degree angle along the border that's basically a wall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Everything is possible... to idiots.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Abner Cadaver II posted:

wow you're right, if we just build a highway at a 90 degree angle along the border that's basically a wall!

We better cut taxes to raise revenue and get on this right now.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Oceanlife posted:

The national highway system has 160,000 miles in it but liberals like to pretend we can't build an effective wall. They really just want the hispanic vote, but then they'll complain about wages after they import 50 million new workers and wages drop even more.

The instant we have a wall the dialogue will shift to "Terror Tunnels" or "Drug Submarines." We need to build a wall against racists who hate immigrants.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Do It Once Right posted:

The instant we have a wall the dialogue will shift to "Terror Tunnels" or "Drug Submarines." We need to build a wall against racists who hate immigrants.

walling off neighborhoods of minorities is usually for the opposite reason

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
How about a wall of radioactive sources arranged in such a way that makes any approach to the 'wall' be deadly within hours. And its very difficult to extract the sources from the wall.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Baloogan posted:

How about a wall of radioactive sources arranged in such a way that makes any approach to the 'wall' be deadly within hours. And its very difficult to extract the sources from the wall.
Found the guy trying to supply the Mexican Caliphate with nuclear material. FBI has been notified, punk. :cop:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

filthy ditch posted:

uh the great wall of china is way bigger than 2000 miles and it was built like 3 million eyars ago. so ya, 2000 miles of wall built by the greatest nation on earth seems plausable. who would build it? probably a construction company. it would take 1 year and cost 45 million kronen.

Okay. 1st. "uh the great wall of china is way bigger than 2000 miles and it was built like 3 million eyars ago." It wasn't built 3 million years ago.

2nd: "2000 miles of wall built by the greatest nation on earth seems plausable." Canada has no intentions of building such a wall.

Real talk, it is physically possible to build the wall. But history has proven times and times again that walls can be breached. Especially if the people guarding it have no real loyalty to you.

So while possible to built, it would trully have no real purpose.

sullat posted:

Great Wall is obsolete with the invention of dynamite, anyway.

Civilization reference. :golfclap: Well played.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

A Time To Chill posted:

sure but what about a double wall maybe with a moat with sharks in between? also electrify both walls

:smug:

Just play Justin Bieber music along the border. That'll keep most people out.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Abner Cadaver II posted:

walling off neighborhoods of minorities is usually for the opposite reason

Also most of them already have walls.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think the issue is that they want the border to be "secure." While this presumably isn't COMPLETELY absolute - if one guy manages to sneak across that's interesting not horrifying - I would assume the crazed hordes of the Base don't want a mere namby pamby "sixty percent reductions in new crossings" or "4% year over year reduction due to return to Mexico". They want to see the Other suffering and they want that security at least down to 99.5%. And if the ones already here - or, for that matter, perfectly legal immigrants who happen to still speak Spanish where they can hear, or look a little too "shifty" - don't vanish, that's obvious proof that the wall isn't big enough.

You cannot build a wall to keep out perceptions of ethnic compositions changing.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Perhaps a wall could be built around hispanic ovaries?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

We could just ramp up greenhouse gas emissions and turn the south into an even less survivable hellscape 50 years ahead of schedule.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Cephalocidal posted:

We could just ramp up greenhouse gas emissions and turn the south into an even less survivable hellscape 50 years ahead of schedule.

a good plan to drown new york and san francisco

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Phobophilia posted:

a good plan to drown new york and san francisco

So where is the downside?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Yes it could be built but wouldn't do the job it was made for anyway I suggest we stick with the Jaegers.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Cephalocidal posted:

Surely this would make Mexicans want to stay in Mexico.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Aren't there vehicles in the army that fling anti personell land mines 20 feet in each direction while driving that we are already paying for? Throw a few layers of those down, some automated IR cameras and tunnel-detecting acoustic equipment that alert racists in dune buggies, job done.

That's the inspirational message we were looking for all along: America, the wall was already.... inside you.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

We do have The Volcano Minelayer System. It carries 960 mines and can lay a field 1100 meters long pretty rapidly. We just get 3000 of those and boom, brand new DMZ just like that.

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/volcano.htm

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Two walls clearly isnt enough, they can get around with boats. What America needs to do is surround itself with a giant wall. This will also have the added bonus of keeping out rising ocean levels.

Youre welcome America. :smug:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think everyone itt is missing the forest for the trees. The issue is that they are digging tunnels. We need a system to intercept them and drive them to the surface where drones can finish the job.

My suggestion? The United States needs to dig an extensive and nearly pointless system of tunnels along our Mexican border. We can not allow a Tunnel Gap to form and by commandeering and reinforcing any foreign tunnels we can begin finally sewing up the borders of the nation.

Next up: I think we should probably open fire on some Canadian Aircraft.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

reignofevil posted:

I think everyone itt is missing the forest for the trees. The issue is that they are digging tunnels. We need a system to intercept them and drive them to the surface where drones can finish the job.

My suggestion? The United States needs to dig an extensive and nearly pointless system of tunnels along our Mexican border. We can not allow a Tunnel Gap to form and by commandeering and reinforcing any foreign tunnels we can begin finally sewing up the borders of the nation.

Just raise the entire country up on stilts and build smaller walls in the permanent midnight below around our oil and gas bores and our aquifer tap sites.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
We should just completely ruin the country so nobody wants to come here. We've already made good progress so we just need to finish the job.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Furnaceface posted:

Two walls clearly isnt enough, they can get around with boats. What America needs to do is surround itself with a giant wall. This will also have the added bonus of keeping out rising ocean levels.

Youre welcome America. :smug:

America's baby, Israel, will have completely walled up all of its land borders by the end of the year, so the trial run is already underway.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

reignofevil posted:

Jokes on you. Most of our aircraft spend most time grounded for maintenance because we lack the parts. Good luck shooting one down from the air

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Build a bunch of those Red Alert tesla coils and the rednecks will be sitting down there drinking beer like they're watching the bug zapper on a Saturday night

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ben Carson wants to use drones to kill all the caves on the border, seems legit.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Just get the sandworms from dune imo. If any Mexicans learn how to ride them just use drone strikes.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Harrower posted:

Just get the sandworms from dune imo. If any Mexicans learn how to ride them just use drone strikes.

Eliminate the chance of them being ridden by using the other deadly sandworms.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Lord of Pie posted:

Build a bunch of those Red Alert tesla coils and the rednecks will be sitting down there drinking beer like they're watching the bug zapper on a Saturday night

But that's a Soviet technology and we forgot to sneak an engineer into their construction yards before the Soviet Union collapsed!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

point of return posted:

But that's a Soviet technology and we forgot to sneak an engineer into their construction yards before the Soviet Union collapsed!

I always wondered what happened those those engineers when the building exploded.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Hungarys border fence seems to be doing the job, the idea this is some difficult task is kinda silly + dumb. It would be fairly trivial in fact, a basic fence along with sensors along with UAVs would pretty much do the job alone. UAV follows the people until a jeep can get to them.

Honestly people that think it wouldn't be really easy to stop the vast majority of crossings are kinda ignorant to the technology available these days. Hell if you want to spend the cash you'd probably get 99% effectiveness. It's always been political will, the republicans can bloviate all they want about illegals but at the end of the day they have big campaign donors that want to exploit the poo poo out of them.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Hungarys border fence seems to be doing the job, the idea this is some difficult task is kinda silly + dumb. It would be fairly trivial in fact, a basic fence along with sensors along with UAVs would pretty much do the job alone. UAV follows the people until a jeep can get to them.

Honestly people that think it wouldn't be really easy to stop the vast majority of crossings are kinda ignorant to the technology available these days. Hell if you want to spend the cash you'd probably get 99% effectiveness. It's always been political will, the republicans can bloviate all they want about illegals but at the end of the day they have big campaign donors that want to exploit the poo poo out of them.

Tunnels my lad tunnels!

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

reignofevil posted:

Tunnels my lad tunnels!

El Chapo has this wall poo poo on lock down.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I feel like a wall would be completely ineffective without the dedicated manpower to patrol it and that same manpower would make a wall superfluous.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Aren't most undocumented immigrants in the US visa overstayers nowadays?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Tricky D posted:

I feel like a wall would be completely ineffective without the dedicated manpower to patrol it and that same manpower would make a wall superfluous.

quote:

In December 2010, the South Korean firm DoDAAM unveiled the Super aEgis II,[4] an automated turret-based weapon platform that uses thermal imaging to lock onto human-sized targets up to 3 km away. It is able to function during nighttime and regardless of weather conditions.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_gun

Wall of corpses.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I want to play real life tower defense.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Tenzarin posted:

I want to play real life tower defense.

Holy poo poo has anyone made a Trump Wall defense game yet? it would be huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

NotWearingPants posted:

Holy poo poo has anyone made a Trump Wall defense game yet? it would be huge.

I would play the poo poo out of that and I'm not even a racist.

• Locked thread