Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think everyone itt is missing the forest for the trees. The issue is that they are digging tunnels. We need a system to intercept them and drive them to the surface where drones can finish the job.

My suggestion? The United States needs to dig an extensive and nearly pointless system of tunnels along our Mexican border. We can not allow a Tunnel Gap to form and by commandeering and reinforcing any foreign tunnels we can begin finally sewing up the borders of the nation.

Next up: I think we should probably open fire on some Canadian Aircraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Hungarys border fence seems to be doing the job, the idea this is some difficult task is kinda silly + dumb. It would be fairly trivial in fact, a basic fence along with sensors along with UAVs would pretty much do the job alone. UAV follows the people until a jeep can get to them.

Honestly people that think it wouldn't be really easy to stop the vast majority of crossings are kinda ignorant to the technology available these days. Hell if you want to spend the cash you'd probably get 99% effectiveness. It's always been political will, the republicans can bloviate all they want about illegals but at the end of the day they have big campaign donors that want to exploit the poo poo out of them.

Tunnels my lad tunnels!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Tricky D posted:

I feel like a wall would be completely ineffective without the dedicated manpower to patrol it and that same manpower would make a wall superfluous.

quote:

In December 2010, the South Korean firm DoDAAM unveiled the Super aEgis II,[4] an automated turret-based weapon platform that uses thermal imaging to lock onto human-sized targets up to 3 km away. It is able to function during nighttime and regardless of weather conditions.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_gun

Wall of corpses.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I don't see why some true American doesn't just go outside and start stacking sticks on his front yard until all the Mexicans are stuck behind his stick-wall.

Free enterprise solutions.... Those are the key!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

crazy eights posted:

the Hilleristas of something awful have accomplished an amazing feat of engineering with the speed and distance they move goalposts with regards to Hillary Clintons record... building a wall is trivial at this point.

Are you suggesting... A mobile border?!?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
All quiet down in the border thread tonight.

But don't get sneaky; we still have posters on patrol. :clint:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Al Borland posted:

You don't need a wall you need a field of landmines.

Tunnel collapses would be a real bitch after that!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Frankly we have ridges to consider for our wall lengths people. Things that are as good as the wall or better.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

The Saurus posted:

wall is genius keynesian project disguised as racism to get republican support, literally briliant - still backing this 100%

no of course a trench wouldnt work you idiot they could just bring a plank of wood lay it over the trench hey there you go

Trenches don't stop angry Tigers from leaping over them and making a meal out of drunken idiots.

A trench won't stop a foe perhaps thrice as clever as the average tiger.... the average person.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
What if we paid migrant workers to stand at the border turning people away?

Worked out for Rome!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

What they tried just lighting the border on fire?

Everyone who passes the broader would be on fire. we would know who came over because they were on fire!

We could kill two birds with one stone if we just relocate the border to California. Then nature will keep the flames going for us.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

it would be easier, and more humane, to just invade mexico and kill everyone.

which is what Trump supporters really want let's be honest.

When I was like twelve I thought the best thing to do would be to annex Mexico and turn it into another fifty states. Boom. I just solved illegal immigration. Now we just have a mass migration problem.

Still more liberal than Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I don't really think the average voter is going to like the optics of a large bridge that is exclusively for other people up over their heads.

It might make them feel like the rest of the world is trying to avoid them rather than the other way around!

I think the better option would be to switch up our thinking and build a giant bridge over the nation... and then relocate all of the REAL citizens to this megastructure. You need a green card to get in. Then we build whole cities for ourselves to live in in our new more perfect nation. And the cities all need to have nice lawns!

So we had better allow just a few work visa workers into the new country... I'm sure this will be just fine.

• Locked thread