Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Boeing won the contract to build a virtual fence years ago. It never worked and went way overbudget.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/15/us/politics/15fence.html

The department of homeland security moved on to drones. This turned out to also not work and be hugely expensive.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/13/federal-report-says-border-patrol-drone-program-doesnt-fly/

We might be able to physically build an ineffective wall in theory, but in practice Boeing or Lockheed are just going to run the project poorly and lobby for deadline extensions and additional money until the program is cancelled due to cost overruns and Obama being not good.

The wall conversation is just a racist dogwhistle, anyway. The Obama administration has secured the gently caress out of our border in his time as president in comparison to Bush, all without any additional walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

SouthLAnd posted:

My wall would be so elaborate. We're talking built-in theme parks, restaurants, million dollar luxury apartments, hotels and observation towers (so you can leer at the poors in Mexico in a nicely air conditioned skybar). Not to mention state-of-the-art defenses that can fire a barrage of .50cal or guided missiles at anyone on the other side that dares to get close.

Call it the mother fuckin Freedom Wall to boot.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied Trump!" cries he
With silent lips. "Keep your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Keep these, the homeless, tempest-tost away from me,
I lift my lamp beside the Big Beautiful Door!"

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
TRUMP 2016

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Oceanlife posted:

The national highway system has 160,000 miles in it but liberals like to pretend we can't build an effective wall. They really just want the hispanic vote, but then they'll complain about wages after they import 50 million new workers and wages drop even more.

The instant we have a wall the dialogue will shift to "Terror Tunnels" or "Drug Submarines." We need to build a wall against racists who hate immigrants.

• Locked thread