Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The US-Mexican border is like 2000 miles long. From an engineering perspective, is building a wall along it even possible?

If so, how many years would it take and how much would it cost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

joke_explainer posted:

There is no physical or engineering reasons why you can't have a wall of nearly arbitrary length across land.

It would financially cost billions of dollars. Really dumb waste of money.

The idea is incredibly stupid and people would be able to circumvent it quickly almost regardless of how it was put together. Either up, through, or under. No wall is security on its own. Walls are just something to slow people down, not truly a solution to keep people out.

I guess my OP should have been more specific. I meant it is possible to build a 2000 mile long wall that actually works.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Pohl posted:

The "wall" would be penalties on employers that hire illegals.
Bam! Done.

They built the Great Wall of China, so I'm sure we could build the wall. Get a bunch of slave labor and we could do that poo poo in a few years.

great minds think alike

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Thump! posted:

Wait gently caress is that real?

no, but I don't think that makes it less funny.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Pohl posted:

Just :lol:
Where did they find a good picture of her? This is really relevant, I swear.

Ashley Madison data dump

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Maybe if we didn't have so many poor people it would be easier to identify undocumented immigrants once they were here.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

NutritiousSnack posted:

This is what they said about getting on the Moon. The Great Mexican Wall (and round up) will be America's new cultural achievement of science and engineering.

Great Mexican Wall?

I don't know if it will get built, if it's economically feasible to build, how long it would take etc, but I do know one thing: It will be called the Trump Wall.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Tenzarin posted:

I want to play real life tower defense.

Holy poo poo has anyone made a Trump Wall defense game yet? it would be huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
In Trump Wall tower defense you have to stop the invaders before they get across the border and a democrat hands them a voter registration card.

• Locked thread