Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

VagueRant posted:

This is actually a pretty good point.

It's really funny to me how they discovered back in the 80s how computer use became more and more addictive the more responsive the computer became, so companies tried as hard as possible to make their devices more addictive and then more accessible for addicts, and no one bothered to say, "hey.. wait a minute. maybe we shouldn't let kids get addicted to stuff." Sort of like how they found out that refined sugar is more addictive than cocaine and every food company on the planet was like, "drat! how do I get more sugar in my food?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Justin Tyme posted:

same also you get shitloads of grant money on top of it for being a low-income veteran so you basically make what they call in the industry a "whole lot of money" profiting off going to school. If you fully embrace free housing and food while in and save smartly, there is no excuse to not be able to graduate with a free degree and enough money/good credit for 20% down on a respectable home.

but some people don't want to fight for capitalism or kill innocent people (ON ACCIDENT!!!!) so it's basically not for faggots (MILLENNIALS!)

Or you can do what I did and drown everything in massive amounts of alcohol for 10+ years while jumping from career to career and school to school and finally explode after an incident and then have the VA send you a check every month because you have a "Total occupational and social impairment" and are a "Persistent danger of hurting others" and "Persistent danger of hurting self" (their words, not mine... of a long list of things :smith:).

It was my plan all along. I only had to just sit and wait.... muhuhahahaha.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Eh, I turned it into a drunken career and a 5 bd house by the beach and my kids college is at least 50% paid for since I already got mine through TA. They can figure out the rest.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
meanwhile other countries subsidize higher education to the point that it is basically free so as to remain competitive in a rapidly globalizing market place

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pudding Huxtable posted:

ZE ZY ZO ZUM I SMELL THE BLOOD OF CIS SCUM

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'll shoot everyone itt for 9.95

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Moridin920 posted:

huh I wonder why that is after the older generations de-regulated and dismantled everything that gave them prosperity and crashed the poo poo out of the world economy over and over again

Wah, wah, wah. "The future isn't pretty enough, make me a better one". Go out and dig one out of a landfill you lazy bastards.

Moridin920 posted:

saying millennials are the worst generation is retarded though we're only a function of what you have caused

Awww, "You made me this way dad, and I'm not moving out until you fix me".

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Frankenstyle posted:

Wah, wah, wah. "The future isn't pretty enough, make me a better one". Go out and dig one out of a landfill you lazy bastards.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

You found Schmorky! GG!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Frankenstyle posted:

:agreed:

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was born in 1983 so technically I'm a millennial. I joined the Marines and here are some pics of some. Here's my generation.

Bunch of lazy assholes. :buddy:

you're all cogs in the imperial war machine hth

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Pudding Huxtable posted:

ZE ZY ZO ZUM I SMELL THE BLOOD OF CIS SCUM

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...

I was born in 1983 so technically I'm a millennial. I joined the Marines and here are some pics of some. Here's my generation.

oorah

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

How dare you be so violent and reckless

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Horniest Manticore posted:

you're all cogs in the imperial war machine hth

Sounds like something a dirty millennial would say. Hmmmm? :colbert:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ok this is pretty funny. Sad... but funny.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Helpimscared posted:

How dare you be so violent and reckless

Just doin' what the baby boomers said to do!

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

lol good work murdering poor brown children for fun

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

This is the best one so far

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Are you loving serious? Millennials are Generation CAB, the loving "I got shot at" medal

We didn't need that poo poo in 2003, it was just kind of assumed that if you were in an actual warzone, you were going to get shot at. That's why you got Hostile Fire Pay. Then suddenly "I got shot at once" became some kind of achievement to set you apart from the losers who deployed but didn't get shot at.

You think it takes work ethic to go sit in a desert for 12 months, ride around in armored vehicles most of the time, and walk around occasionally? I'll admit, there were some who busted their rear end and worked because it needed to be done and I admire them, but the vast, vast majority were too lazy to check their own oil, too lazy to change a tire, and too lazy to pull the big bright red "stop" button back out before they tried to turn on the generator and decided it was broken when it didn't start. The vast majority were too goddamned lazy and self-absorbed to pitch in to get a job done right, because "it's not my job", because they had more pressing things to do like get back to their hooch to play CoD all night.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
You seem very upset about this. And I joined in 2002. You're not an old man if you were in in 2003. You'd be what's called..... a millennial.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I originally joined in 1996.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

My Q-Face posted:

Touche..... touche.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

And I think the Combat Action Badge is the most Millennial LOL "Give them a trophy for participating" award, even ahead of the campaign medals, so I laugh and laugh at people who wear it with pride and roll my eyes when they ask me why I don't have one. (I was awarded one in 2010, I will never ever ever wear it).

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hard to believe that this and a BMW didn't lay all the pussy he wanted at his feet.

My Q-Face posted:

And I think the Combat Action Badge is the most Millennial LOL "Give them a trophy for participating" award, even ahead of the campaign medals, so I laugh and laugh at people who wear it with pride and roll my eyes when they ask me why I don't have one. (I was awarded one in 2010, I will never ever ever wear it).

For whatever it's worth I'm not in the service and Millennial as gently caress and I'm with you. I didn't even know they gave out medals just for being shot at. This generation deserves its reputation.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Ork of Fiction posted:

It's really funny to me how they discovered back in the 80s how computer use became more and more addictive the more responsive the computer became, so companies tried as hard as possible to make their devices more addictive and then more accessible for addicts, and no one bothered to say, "hey.. wait a minute. maybe we shouldn't let kids get addicted to stuff." Sort of like how they found out that refined sugar is more addictive than cocaine and every food company on the planet was like, "drat! how do I get more sugar in my food?"

a beautiful world awaits

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

mind the walrus posted:

Hard to believe that this and a BMW didn't lay all the pussy he wanted at his feet.

He put the pussy on a pedestal and the school put the pussy behind a locked door. RIP Elliot.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mind the walrus posted:

For whatever it's worth I'm not in the service and Millennial as gently caress and I'm with you. I didn't even know they gave out medals just for being shot at. This generation deserves its reputation.

I'm going to guess that the young soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines didn't petition their superior officers and fight until they got this so well deserved medal. There is a good conduct ribbon for fucks sake. That's basically, serve for a bit while not committing a felony and you get a medal. It's been around for over a hundred years. The young people have no say in the creation of medals so you only have the higher ups to blame for anything you may deem as pointless.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

mind the walrus posted:

The most logical explanation is that he was gay

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

The most logical explanation is that he was gay

he was also driving a bottom tier BMW

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

My Q-Face posted:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I never served in the military because I worked hard and didn't want handouts.

I paid for my own college and found my own way to play grabass with lots of men in the shower.

loving millennials.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm waiting to here tezzor's opinion on this

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Best part of these millenials is they kill themselves more than normal ones do.
FORCED SUBSCRIPTION FOR MILLENIALS!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I'm going to guess that the young soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines didn't petition their superior officers and fight until they got this so well deserved medal. There is a good conduct ribbon for fucks sake. That's basically, serve for a bit while not committing a felony and you get a medal. It's been around for over a hundred years. The young people have no say in the creation of medals so you only have the higher ups to blame for anything you may deem as pointless.

The kids playing little league didn't demand participation trophies either, it was all the parents projecting. The CAB was initially developed by higher-up non-infantry officers who were jealous of the Combat Infantry Badge, and also wanted to differentiate themselves from their counterparts in Kuwait getting all the same deployment credit, but damned if young soldiers in the Army didn't grab on to that as the empty measure of self worth it was designed to be.

Also, while the Good Conduct Medal might seem like an empty Atta-boy gesture today, when it was created "serve for an entire enlistment without committing a felony" was a tall order. The Army had a lot lower standards for enlistment and paid a hell of a lot less back then.

:lol:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
PTSD owns, is funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My Q-Face posted:

The kids playing little league didn't demand participation trophies either, it was all the parents projecting. The CAB was initially developed by higher-up non-infantry officers who were jealous of the Combat Infantry Badge, and also wanted to differentiate themselves from their counterparts in Kuwait getting all the same deployment credit, but damned if young soldiers in the Army didn't grab on to that as the empty measure of self worth it was designed to be.

Thank you for saying it better than I could. Besides isn't a millennial taking responsibility for their generation's flaws what you old shits wanted in the first place?

• Locked thread