Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

circ dick soleil posted:

durrr at least i know how outlook works *breaks hip*

You seem like a nice young fella.
Maybe you could help me download the internet.

(There's a Werther's in it for you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

The Protagonist posted:

so look they're great and they're here to stay, okay? we're so integrated with them and they'll get so small soon it'll go right into your face/hand! no no shh shhhh no don't fight it, yes, yes shh. you're okay, see how small that was? it's inside you now. soon billions and billions of them, self replicating using allllll those calories you never needed in the first place. it's no problem. now they're better than cells, perfect replicators with telomeres that don't wear down! you don't need those old school cells, you can replace them! yes even those pesky neurons, its one at a time shh don't worry perfectly safe, thats right go to sleep

same

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sonofsilversign posted:

while i appreciate your candid response lol at talking about "values" unironically

Yeah that was a really dumb and lovely term to use and I was reluctant to type it. However, I'm drunk so gently caress it. What I meant by ARE VALUUSE is basic human values. Not the propaganda machine that's been at work for the past few decades, or at least since I was a child (80's), that has completely progressed at a terrible rate. When I was young, at least they had the common decency to attempt to hide the terrible poo poo our country did. Now it's acceptable to kill, torture, etc., as long as it's for ARE COUNTRY!

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ghlbtsk posted:

You seem like a nice young fella.
Maybe you could help me download the internet.

(There's a Werther's in it for you)

drat, my grandparents used to always have Werther's. They've been dead for 15 years or so though so it's been a while since I've had one. :corsair:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I don't own a smartphone

what now, GBS? :smug:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah that was a really dumb and lovely term to use and I was reluctant to type it. However, I'm drunk so gently caress it. What I meant by ARE VALUUSE is basic human values. Not the propaganda machine that's been at work for the past few decades, or at least since I was a child (80's), that has completely progressed at a terrible rate. When I was young, at least they had the common decency to attempt to hide the terrible poo poo our country did. Now it's acceptable to kill, torture, etc., as long as it's for ARE COUNTRY!

:agreed:

my original point was more that some people get mad about selfies and "narrsissism" to a point well beyond the justifications they give for complaining about it so i wonder if there isnt some weird insecurity thing going on behind that mindset

ghlbtsk posted:

This is how I know I'm old and/or not a narcissist: it would never ever occur to me to take a picture of myself.
That would be like saying something only you think is witty, laughing at what you just said and then high-fiving yourself.

Now do that every 30 seconds.
kinda like this but madder

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

plz dont post pics of me and my boyfriend

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sonofsilversign posted:

plz dont post pics of me and my boyfriend

that super too much information haha

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
one of the links in this thread to an article had this popup for me:

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
i would've happily taken multiple selfies as the first wtc tower was falling down and made a flip book if i was around. unfortunately, i was in middle school math class.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
GBS is now literally angry old people yelling at kids.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Pennywise the Frown posted:

drat, my grandparents used to always have Werther's. They've been dead for 15 years or so though so it's been a while since I've had one. :corsair:

i recently found some in a gas station store. grabbed me some of those badboys (they were coffee-flavoured, too!) and had way too much of them in one evening.
I blame cotton-mouth.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

H.H posted:

i recently found some in a gas station store. grabbed me some of those badboys (they were coffee-flavoured, too!) and had way too much of them in one evening.
I blame cotton-mouth.

I prefer these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cLYH9bqNQM

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hello millennial here and I've done nothing with my life

Thanks for letting me talk

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

lmao, every single geezer in history that complained about the worthlessness of youth turned out to be wrong, but hey, this time they are going to be right about the millenials, you'll see.

nah, I don't get people under 18 either but i grew up in the late 90s generation of goths, emos and "violent media addiction" and no adult understood that poo poo at that time either. it's just how it works.

e: lol

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Aug 26, 2015

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

lol

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

This owns for a lot of reasons

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

:staredog:

Please tell me this is a parody

I bet they're all mouthing "we sure look loving stupid right now ha ha ha guys ha ha"

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Baby Boomers: Literal babies who had everything in their lives catered to them and are still loving it up as they reach their unaffordable retirements and will have to be bailed out since they never imagined anything difficult could ever happen to them, but are very angry and judgmental of Millenials because they aren't admiring the struggles and sacrifices Boomers endured.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I hate this guy. I've never met him yet we all know him, he is Mr. Stereotype.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

the painting in the op is pretty boring and poo poo id look at my phone too

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mad Monk posted:

I hate this guy. I've never met him yet we all know him, he is Mr. Stereotype.

i hope he finds his courage :(

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I took my sister and her friend to a free concert last week, every time the band played a song they particularly liked, they'd squeal to each other then promptly snapchat snippets of video to their friends.

It was annoying and shallow, I believe every generation following the greatest have been self absorbed, now smart phones are enabling us to gaze at our navels in exciting new ways.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

Baby Boomers: Literal babies who had everything in their lives catered to them and are still loving it up as they reach their unaffordable retirements and will have to be bailed out since they never imagined anything difficult could ever happen to them, but are very angry and judgmental of Millenials because they aren't admiring the struggles and sacrifices Boomers endured.

if you call an artist a fuckup that means his paintings are poo poo,

if you call a generation gently caress ups that means......

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

I took my sister and her friend to a free concert last week, every time the band played a song they particularly liked, they'd squeal to each other then promptly snapchat snippets of video to their friends.

It was annoying and shallow, I believe every generation following the greatest have been self absorbed, now smart phones are enabling us to gaze at our navels in exciting new ways.

i use my to gaze at genitals, not sea armies

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Morkies posted:

if you call an artist a fuckup that means his paintings are poo poo,

if you call a generation gently caress ups that means......

But almost all famous artists were panned and dismissed while they were alive :confused:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Morkies posted:

i use my to gaze at genitals, not sea armies

Got me

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

Professor Shark posted:

But almost all famous artists were panned and dismissed while they were alive :confused:

maybe when boomers/genx are deal people will think millennials are good

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

yikes typo meant to say use my phone to gaze at [...]

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Morkies posted:

maybe when boomers/genx are dead

I wish they would hurry up.

My favorite Boomer is Stephen King because he wrote "We could have changed the world, but we settled for bigger TV's" or something like that

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Toadstrieb posted:

Source: http://carles.buzz/the-contemporary-conformist/

If you can get used to the loving insufferable writing, I think this guy has us all beat for identifying what's wrong with millennials.

This guy's blog owns and it makes me pretty sad that I have to return to the USA later this year. I couldn't put my finger on all the "salvaging" or rural-urban bullshit going on but this guy pointed out to me how much it sucks and how obnoxious these people are.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm over 18 and I'm a millennial.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Violet_Sky posted:

Your worthless.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Violet_Sky posted:

Violet_Sky posted:

Can we get rid of the low content, white noise posts in GBS? It would be a good idea.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Romes128 posted:

obviously staged

missing a fat chick and an asian/indian chick.

2nd from the right is a hapa. I'd wager money on it.

That, and mixed Asian ancestry is next in line behind "white hispanic" to be integrated into the maw of the "white" definition.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you haven't gotten into the medical field to reap all the money than boomers will inevitably spend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

thats the one at my school :(

• Locked thread