Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

blarzgh posted:

Milenial.gif

:captainpop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
A girl

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hopper posted:

Please tell me this is not real?

It's probably fake if for no other reason than I can't imagine any institution encouraging people to run on the stairs.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hopper posted:

See this is what's wrong with society today. Instead of teaching students proper behaviour, in this case not to walk and text at the same time, they cater to this unnecessary and at times (especially on stairs) dangerous behaviour by expressively allocating a lane for it. Seriously can anyone explain the benefit of this compared to teaching people the correct stairway rule "don't walk and text on a busy stairwell".
This kind of "tolerance" teaches an already very self absorbed young generation that whatever you do is OK as long as you do it long enough so that other people simply give up and let you do it.
I know in this case it is mostly "harmless" but it set a wrong example if you ask me.

Please tell me I am not the only 34 year old one who thinks this way.

It says right in that article that it was done tongue-in-cheek, isn't taken seriously by students or administration, and was basically put it for the colors and the joke rather than actual function.

This is immediately made clear if you actually read the article.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Gimme a start-date-end-date for millenials.

Start: The day after I was born

End: Whenever I feel a new group that offends my ancient sensibilities emerges.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Booblord Zagats posted:

I mean it's cool pursuing what you love, I get that. But the reality of it is that if you can't afford to feed yourself while doing it, then it's not a career, its an expensive hobby.

Would have been nice if millenial's parents were that pragmatic. Instead it was 24/7 "you can do anything you want if you put your mind to it. Just follow your dreams!"

Then the kid follows his dreams and the exact people who told him to do so turn around and say "why did you study that, you should have studied [flavor of month degree] instead! It's your own fault!"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Booblord Zagats posted:

Nah, just watching friends waste their GI Bill money and end up miserable a few times starts to turn you against it

The GI bill exists to waste money. It's practically a pork program to enrich the University of Phoenix for no output.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Another wacky millennial adventure???

• Locked thread