Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hard to believe that this and a BMW didn't lay all the pussy he wanted at his feet.

My Q-Face posted:

And I think the Combat Action Badge is the most Millennial LOL "Give them a trophy for participating" award, even ahead of the campaign medals, so I laugh and laugh at people who wear it with pride and roll my eyes when they ask me why I don't have one. (I was awarded one in 2010, I will never ever ever wear it).

For whatever it's worth I'm not in the service and Millennial as gently caress and I'm with you. I didn't even know they gave out medals just for being shot at. This generation deserves its reputation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My Q-Face posted:

The kids playing little league didn't demand participation trophies either, it was all the parents projecting. The CAB was initially developed by higher-up non-infantry officers who were jealous of the Combat Infantry Badge, and also wanted to differentiate themselves from their counterparts in Kuwait getting all the same deployment credit, but damned if young soldiers in the Army didn't grab on to that as the empty measure of self worth it was designed to be.

Thank you for saying it better than I could. Besides isn't a millennial taking responsibility for their generation's flaws what you old shits wanted in the first place?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My Q-Face posted:

Though I do kinda despise this whole "Social Media means my lovely opinion matters even though grew up in a bubble and never did anything substantive and don't believe in compromise thing", with "activists" "creating" "hashtags" and poo poo, but even that is largely driven by the older media trying desperately to stay relevant.

Really the most damning things you can say about Milennials are pretty functionally identical to the poo poo you can say about Baby Boomers. Gen X sucks in its own ways at it but at least they carved out their own sense of cultural identity through timing and sheer force of will.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Better than completely loving up our country and distorting our values.

Well does it count as loving it up and distorting the values when they arrived to us already broken?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Automatic Slim posted:

Millennial "men" are soft. They grow those long beards as a distraction to the fact that they are lesser men compared to previous generations. Beta as gently caress.

Unless you were born poor, then you probably had to go to Iraq or take a hard blue collar job or went to prison and then you are as hard as gently caress, but you still have to shrug off the lovely indignity being lumped with the gently caress boy millennial "men".

This is true but let's remember that Im gay, so

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

naem posted:

Will smith has a 20 something son he ignores FYI

That makes sense.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm really sick of lovely writers trying to put a positive spin on this. Millennials as a whole have no redeeming qualities, time to stop pretending they do. Their kids are going to be even more hosed up because they were ignored by their self-obsessed parents, sat down in front of a tablet since birth, and their parenting was dictated by the whims of whatever stupid blog their parents happened to be reading that week. We're hosed.

Like every other generation wouldn't do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Excuse me, it's "Willennials."

• Locked thread