Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
why do (mostly old) people get so mad about selfies? what is it thats so enraging?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
while i appreciate your candid response lol at talking about "values" unironically

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
how are old people so naive? must be growing up with like 3 tv channels lmao

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah that was a really dumb and lovely term to use and I was reluctant to type it. However, I'm drunk so gently caress it. What I meant by ARE VALUUSE is basic human values. Not the propaganda machine that's been at work for the past few decades, or at least since I was a child (80's), that has completely progressed at a terrible rate. When I was young, at least they had the common decency to attempt to hide the terrible poo poo our country did. Now it's acceptable to kill, torture, etc., as long as it's for ARE COUNTRY!

:agreed:

my original point was more that some people get mad about selfies and "narrsissism" to a point well beyond the justifications they give for complaining about it so i wonder if there isnt some weird insecurity thing going on behind that mindset

ghlbtsk posted:

This is how I know I'm old and/or not a narcissist: it would never ever occur to me to take a picture of myself.
That would be like saying something only you think is witty, laughing at what you just said and then high-fiving yourself.

Now do that every 30 seconds.
kinda like this but madder

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

plz dont post pics of me and my boyfriend

• Locked thread