Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Strangers often come up to me and ask if I'm a boy or a girl. Who are you, Professor Oak in the beginning of a loving Pokemon game? Mind your own god drat business.

- M.W.A.
Millennials With Attitude

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

PromethiumX posted:

not abuse bro

physically accented lessons

a rigorous curriculum keeps you free of the douche

i mean really. tell me this fucker couldnt use at least one good blow to the dome

he's crying out for it
he needs it

well for starters, warby parker frames are total garbage

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

joat mon posted:

So you're saying that FYGM is trans-generational?

hes just going to turn into a real life Lionel Hutz and burnout spectacularly once off the wagon due to an excess of $$$ and stress...its ok we'll be here waiting for u

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

This Charming Millennial

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

ethanol posted:

he doens't need to even stop and put cream in his coffee he can just wring the pomade into the cup on the go

i dont think ive ever envied an angry old chinese woman armed with bikini wax so much, just imagine

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

that's my plan.

i was talking to a gen-x attorney in AA the other day. he worked biglaw for 7 years, staying sober the whole time. then he didn't make partner, so he went on a heroin binge, spending 150k in about 10 months, which was all of his savings. he was a pretty miserable SOB about the whole thing.

that's the difference between gen-x and millennials though. at least millennials haven't forgotten how to laugh.

lol i wasnt really serious because u seem like a cool dude but good luck with trying to stay functional being in the position that u are now in if ur for real...because i know i most likely wouldnt make it a year making anything over 100k annually without ODing/suffering a substance induced coronary while simultaneously cruising along at 160mph in a Porsche, even trying in vain to avoid the temptation of having vice in such easy reach would be even worse than such a fate

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 19, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

blimpster

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

“I like to wear black. My style is not inspired by other people, but by all things dead, like dead animals.”

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

“I'm wearing a vintage hat, a coat from a Japanese primary school's second hand market in Milan, an American Apparel shirt, a self-made bowtie and customized jeans shorts and Dr Martens boots. Don't dress up like sheep.”

“My outfit is a postmodern stand to the state of the society. The print on my top is self-designed and self-made.”

“I like to wear clothes from the 20s and the 30s. At that time clothes were made to fit the body naturally. I found my style a couple of years ago, when I was looking for a new pair of trousers.”

“I wear other people's clothes: The jacket is my grandmother's old, the pullover from my boyfriend's mother. I like to wear pink, black and leggings. I like girlish but clean-cut and simple clothes.”

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 20, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i like their millennials a lot more though. do they still only use nokias though? i dont see any smartphones at all

“My hat is my mother's old, the jacket and the scarf from Weekday, the jeans I got from a friend. I always wear Vans shoes. It is all good, as long as the jeans are tight.”

drat that hair, wow

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 20, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

ThePriceIsRight posted:

any part of this thread that isn't a utube or jpg is loving terrible.

thank you! for ur support i will share with you this utube (i had to go deep into by saved vids looking for it...but i thin u will really enjoy it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY

"Dirt is all around us, everything is poo poo. We apply meaning, value, and worth to the poo poo surrounding us. We live by this meaning, and by our words, we live by worth, and apply value, but, everything is poo poo"

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 21, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

"Oh does it have snake?’ and I’m like, ‘No I wish it did."

:swoon:

http://time.com/3318573/flip-phones-millennials-iphone6/

im not 100% on the context but that owns and im going to watch all of it later on

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 21, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Toadvine posted:

this is vastly preferable to a sea of investment bankers in pale blue button ups and black slacks. The future is now.

yea some of them reminded me of all the neo-baroque fashion in the last Deus Ex which was p dope, also their intentions seemed much more honest than ur average fashion conscious american millennial who primarily plays dress up just to instragram themselves in order to receive reblogs/likes that generate the good feels that validate their existence

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Robo Reagan posted:

9/20/2015, the day goons stopped hating hipsters and became them

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Accretionist posted:

Are you ~Conforming Contemporarily~?

Conforming contemporarily may increase synchrony with consumer-goods.

yes bb, cant wait until the new vampy weeks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mDxcDjg9P4

http://www.thefader.com/2015/10/08/hipster-runoff-ezra-koenig-carles-interview

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

You Are A Elf posted:

Is... is that a butt flap for when you gotta make doodie and to wipe your booty? Because what's the point with those saggy poo poo sack pants. EDIT: Doy, that's the front of said pants :downs:

CONTENT:

I'd probably eat these, but i'm not a Millennial and would therefore be called gramps for trying to look young :(

how did they ever forget about the millennial w/ beard who thinks they are cool, esp when they grow it extra out for 'Movember'...oh how sly, pls die

edit: i guess those came out in 2k12 though which almost kinda makes their shameless marketing somewhat respectable i guess for being ahead of the curve.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 22, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mr. mephistopheles posted:

the only products that should be explicitly marketed toward men is like, stuff that involves facial hair and clothes I guess

I have this bar of irish spring "signature for men" soap that's MAN SIZED SOAP FOR A MAN'S HANDS but it's like, just call it a big rear end bar of soap that will last longer that's why I wanted it not because I was worried small bars made me look gay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPXkuRt3U6g

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3323166/Some-college-students-Yale-Brown-prefer-finger-snapping-applause.html

:wtc:

disrupt (but dont actually disrupt)

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 2, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Accretionist posted:

F-91w are where it's at.

last time i went on a plane i forget to take mine off because its basically part of my body and TSA stopped me after going through the scanner, stared at it for 5 seconds, then examined my complexion and then told me to move along...then i went to the bathroom to prep for my flight

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

No. 6 posted:

Look at all these pictures. They almost look like pages of words.

me and my millenial frenz doin millenial thangs

I loving love ART

and music

and cold brew

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 3, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Stinky_Pete posted:

Please tell me that's at an open house at an elementary school.

don't judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ9WiuJPnNA

also, snake person? how dare you.

symbolic posted:

i am, but a sign of a great sense of humor is being able to laugh at yourself

:yayclod:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 4, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

NESguerilla posted:

What the hell ever happened to Feist? Did Apple send her to the glue factory after that ad campaign was over.

i think she's become the indie Gord Downey and secretly works for the Canadian Government as a Cultural Ambassador.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 4, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
we do what we like

yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsmy0kdKKTo

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 4, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Chinatown posted:

If you really want to get a sense of just how big of a human being this dude is well here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbuHlX5TXt8

the opening comparison of steakhouses to clubs is all i needed to hear, its very true but id sooner watch a video of a random dude ejaculating off the edge of a 30 story building than the rest of that garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Ca62l_X8M

gen x supremacy

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Dec 10, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That is a very specific example there

lol u got me...just replace 'ejaculate' with 'piss' and 30 story building with out of a 3rd story window

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

next time ur at a red light, take a look around u.

and if ur caught u get a $100 ticket - which is like a 30-50% of the average speeding ticket. its disgusting.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 12, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

withak posted:

I'm literally posting right now while trying to merge onto the freeway.

whatever just stay out the left lane bro

seriously the ironic taliban beard trend needs to die (p sure it already has - and most ppl havent realized yet), but then again its a great indicator of a worthless person. attempting in vain to appear more masculine through nothing more than laziness/neglecting hygiene is millennial as gently caress.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 12, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

a clean trimmed beard is actually way more work than shaving every day

have you ever considered you are the lazy one

that guys beard is gross though

sry but forgot to say that there is nothing wrong with beards or people that have had them long before they became trendy. tbh i know nothing about growing or maintaining one personally because i am not capable of doing certainly not lazy in fact im kinda ocd and shower/wash my hands alot...i dont use shampoo tho - not because lazy but because its not good for ur hair

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 12, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Automatic Slim posted:

I had to wash my beard everytime I showered, otherwise it would smell which isn't what you want with something next to your nose.

punchme.jpg

do they make ur face/neck really itchy due to all that coarse hair rubbing against ur skin all the time, idk they just seem like they'd be really uncomfortable.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

NESguerilla posted:

It's funny that whole "manliness™" thing is basically the evolution of the metrosexual for the mid 2k10's and how incredibly un-manly these guys come off as.

yeah exactly my point friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb3GLa2fm5s

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Darth123123 posted:

I would nail the Prius driver.

imho hes the only one who wears the beard well and generally seems legit instead of a beardwagoneer.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 12, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

p sure that dude would constantly walk around nude and within 10 min of meeting would proposition u for some mutual masturbation, unless they are just a straight up rapist with basement sex dungeon.

anyways millennial.jpg:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

http://cdn.phillymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/hipster.opener.jpeg

There are about 79 million millennials in the U.S., versus the 48 million Generation Xers (born between 1965 and 1980). (ComScore)

Millennials will make up 50 percent of the U.S. workforce by 2030. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)

23 percent of companies reported having heavy contact with parents of millennial employees. (Collegiate Employment Research Institute)

4 percent of employers involved reported parents attended their children’s job interviews. (CERI)

31 percent of employers involved reported parents submitted resumes on behalf of their offspring. (CERI)

27 percent of millennials are self-employed. (The Millennial Generation Research Review)

80 percent of millennials sleep with their phones next to their beds. (The Millennial Generation Research Review)

Millennials send about 20 texts per day. (Pew Social Trends)

15 percent of millennials, versus 7 percent of Gen Xers at a similar stage of life, said having a high-paying career is important. (The Millennial Generation Research Review)

The purchasing power of millennials is estimated to be $170 billion per year. (ComScore)

Millennial unemployment rate in January 2013 increased to the highest rate recorded for this demographic to 13.1 percent versus the national average of 7.1 percent. (U.S. Department of Labor.)

56 percent of millennials think technology helps people use their time more efficiently. (Pew Social Trends)

14 percent of millennials use Twitter. (Pew Social Trends)

31 percent of millennials said they earn enough money to lead the kind of life they want, versus 46 percent of Gen Xers. (Pew Social Trends)

41 percent of millennials have no landline at home and rely on their cellphones for communication. (Pew Social Trends)

http://digiday.com/brands/15-stats-brans-should-know-about-millennials/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PulUKsICY9o

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

yes no no no no

no yes yes

yes yes

undeerage

uyes

22-23yo at the time actually so feel free to wack it to ur hearts content, but yeah definitely appears to be.

sry but was getting sick of posting hirsute millennial bros so moved onto loose millennial ladies i may or may not know with high student loan debt and/or mental illness.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 12, 2015

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

We live in a glorious age when the process to become a volunteer with a non-profit requires about the same amount of work as a job application and is almost as likely to result in rejection because they have so many applicants.

Today I learned the concessions stands at the basketball stadium here are almost entirely staffed by unpaid volunteers whose hours are converted into donations to whatever charity is on the roster that night. Wonder what PR genius figured out they could get slave labor under the guise of charitable donation.

no doubt the competitive/limited job market means alot of volunteer positions are taken up by kids trying to use them as resume fodder or a means to get a job, so if u are someone who is looking to just do a few hours a week on the side as say a volunteer with the red cross im guessing that u are likely to be passed over for someone younger and/or currently enrolled in school who is likely more than willing to work a full-time schedule without any compensation or complaints. its prob easier to get a job with google in 2015 than it is to join the peace corp.

the majority of private service non-union EMTs in the US typically make less $/hr to start with than they would make if they opted to take a job at a Walmart instead. even paramedics with much heavier responsibilities working for the same service will typically be making no more than $3-5 more an hour than basic EMTs - which is still prob less $ than the highest paying Walmart gigs like working the overnight shift stocking shelves. in the case of EMTs because of the abundance of labor willing to do the job for so little (as well as organizing not being very popular in the field for whatever reason) what im saying is that this same type of poo poo even affects certain career fields where ppl are working in order to live, and it seems to be the status quo for the foreseeable future given the state of the economy and where we are heading which is circling around the loving toilet hole.

http://www.redcross.org/news/article/Millennials-Red-Cross-Is-for-You

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

https://getbellhops.com/the-company/

Take Bellhops, a small-scale moving company founded by two college students in 2011. Bellhops now employs more than 8,000 part-time workers across 42 states. These student movers control their own jobs, choosing not just when and how much they work, but whether they want to take a "captain" or "wingman" role on a particular job. The flexibility and autonomy that comes with this small-scale entrepreneurship is ideal for millennials, who in survey after survey list these attributes among their most-wanted from employers. Millennials are loath to accept rigid work arrangements or stay at jobs they don't enjoy.

http://www.csindy.com/coloradosprings/in-praise-of-hipster-sellouts/Content?oid=2970973

Bellhops COO Matt Patterson told Forbes his motto is "Bellhops are entrepreneurs in their own rights." He's not exactly wrong: In a recent survey, 90 percent of working professionals defined being "an entrepreneur" as a mindset, not just "someone who starts a company." In the new lexicon, Bellhops, Uber drivers, and AirBnB hosts are all entrepreneurs.
| /
|/

oh my

bless the free market providing such lifechanging opportunities to unemployed millenials, for making 'entrepreneurs' out of these millennials with gumption...which i guess is the new buzzword for 'independent consultants'. i wonder what happens if one falls backwards down ur stairs and breaks their neck or drops ur TV through ur landlords window, or forgets about having to pay taxes as well as find and afford to pay out of pocket for medical insurance they might need for when they eventually gently caress their backs up. this makes selling Cutco seem somewhat sensible in comparison.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 13, 2015

• Locked thread